Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Nash and I both face Caleb and before I have time to say 'hey' Caleb punches Nash right in the jaw knocking him down.

"CALEB!" I scream kneeling down by Nash. "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?"

Nash is holding his jaw and looks right at Caleb. I position myself in front of Nash shielding him.

Caleb looks from his fist to to Nash's jaw then to me and our eyes meet.

"I- I.." And then he runs off.

"What was that all about?" Nash says getting up still holding his jaw.

"Whatever it is, is going to stop. now." I starting running toward Caleb.

"Vi please-He's not worth it." Nash pleads.

"Go home i'll text you later." I yell behind me.

I'm catching up to Caleb. He is down to a walking pace now.

"Caleb," I say calmed down.

He turns around startled. He must have been in a train of thought.

"What was that Caleb? Why did you punch Nash?" I say with anger.

"I-I was-"

"I was going to tell you tomorrow about Nash and I. What's been with you lately?"

"I'm jealous okay?!" He spits out.

"I like you, I really like you okay? You make me happy and I thought.. I thought we had something," He says and looks at the ground.

Why is he doing this to me? What is he doing exactly?

I don't respond. I see a bench and go to sit on it. Caleb sits down next to me.

I sigh. Wow. This is a lot to take in.. Caleb liked me all along and I never noticed.

"I'm sorry i never noticed.." I say looking at him.

"It's fine. But can I ask you something?"

"Anything."

"Did you ever feel something-anything- towards me? at all?" His eyes scan mine. I wish he wouldn't have asked that.

I look at the ground and I feel tears coming down. The truth is.. I did at one time. but that was the first day we met on the bus. I hold the tears.

"First day we met. on the bus." I say.

"Anymore?"

I pause.

"I'm so sor-" I feel tears coming but I swallow them back.

"Don't be. You didn't know. It's okay."

"I gotta get home," I say standing up after a few minutes of silence.

"See you tomorrow." He says walking away.

"Bye." I start walking home but I hear footsteps behind me. they're getting closer.. closer and then I feel a hand on my arm and I turn around. I see-Caleb-

Caleb?!?

He pulls me in for a hug. I wrap my arms around him and I feel tears coming on. This time, I don't hold back.

All of the tears of Anna. All of the tears of my mother. Everything. I hold nothing back.

I forget the world for a second and just focus on my breathing and match my breaths with Caleb's.

I feel that his shirt is soaked from my tears on his right shoulder. I pull away and look at him. His eyes aren't like Nash's but they're still blue. A mello blue that I like.. wait no! you like Nash, not Caleb!

Maybe we do have something? I don't know. But, we may never know because I love Nash. I do don't I? I said so, but did I mean it?

Oh no.

-------

A/N

Hope you guys liked this chapter!

Don't forget to vote! Comments and feedback is always welcome!

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes.

Thank you all:)

-T