Episode 9: Yoko Littner (Gurren Lagaan)

Thirst was killing you.

Literally.

You've been lucky to be alive this long. The sun beat down on you harshly. You left the last group you were with rather quickly. You preferred a more honest team. Not a team of lying, murderous thieves.

You'd prefer to be free of any sin and die than steal or kill to live another day. That was how you chose to live. The reason for this was that your family was murdered before your eyes from those who needed food. Your family, dead. A precious, priceless life for some food.

You wouldn't stoop that low.

You crawled forward. You couldn't stand. You were too tired. You weren't scared of dying. You didn't care. No family. No friends.

The ground rumbled. Gunmen. The bad robots that forced the humans to retreat underground. You sighed, no longer crawling. Adrenaline courses through your veins now. You collected your strength and lifted yourself up. You wobbled slightly, before regaining balance. You clumsily walked forward before face planting. You lifted your head up, spitting out dirt. The rumbling stopped. You turned your head to see a gunmen aiming a cannon at you. Your strength diminished. Your vision went hazy.

I'm dying.

You then blacked out.

***

You slowly awoke. Your vision was slightly blurry.

"Am I in heaven?" You noticed a flame near your face. "Or in hell."

"Hell has already come." A voice calmly said. You looked over to see a girl with red hair sitting near the fire. She smiled at you. "Glad to see your awake."

"Who are you?" You grumbled. You felt refreshed, your strength was a bit more stronger than it was.

"I'm Yoko. Yoko Littner." The girl replied. "You are?"

"I'm (Y/N)," you responded. "What the heck happened?"

"I found you passed out after I took some gunmen out." Yoko replied. "Nice to know you didn't die."

"I guess," you commented. "How do you get by?"

"I just scavenge and hunt really. It's kinda easy with this rifle. Ammo is the hard part!" Yoko smiled. "You hungry?"

"Hm, oh, yeah! Kinda!" You smiled.

"Here!" Yoko smiled and tossed me a small round of meat. I Glady bit into the flesh, savoring it.

"Thank you."

***

You've been accompanying Yoko for a good month. You loved spending every moment you could by her side. You each cooked, talked, and joked. You almost got as close as to bathe together. Before your eyes became to curious, it was over. You didn't mind. You didn't want Yoko like that. You wanted her for a deeper meaning. You had fallen for her after a week. It didn't seem long, but you felt like you've known her for an eternity.

You just didn't know if she felt the same.

One night, you were both eating some weird animal Yoko sniped. Cooked meat tasted good, but sadly only ever came in very miniscule amounts. Yoko eventually cleared her throat, gaining your attention.

"H-Hey (Y/N)!?" Yoko softly said.

"Yeah?" You replied, taking a bite of meat.

"Do you like me?" She asked. This was a little out of the blue, and you almost choked on your food.

"What?" You asked.

"Do you like me? Like more than a friend? I'm sorry to ask, but I'm just wondering how you feel. I'm not trying to make this awkward or anything, but I do like you, like, more than you think I do." You kinda just looked at her like a retarded puppy. You didn't quite realize what she was saying. It was like remembering a faded dream. She was blushing, head down.

"Yeah," you replied simply.

"Could you be a little more clear on your answer?" Yoko sweat dropped.

"Oh! Yeah sorry!" You chuckled. "Um, yeah, I guess I like you too. More than a friend!"

"Okay! Um, cool! Would you like to be my boyfriend?" Yoko questioned you.

"I'd love to!" You smiled. Yoko pecjed your lips softly.

"Wanna sleep with me tonight?" Yoko asked.

"Yeah, sure!" You smiled. Yoko grinned before kissing your cheek.

***

Sorry.

So so sorry.

This took super long. I'm sooooo sorry.

Um, next should be better...

It's Millianna. 'Bout time for a cat girl!

Ciao!