The Empty Hearse

She always went back to read his blog entry's whenever she found herself waking up to the same nostalgic feeling gnawing at the back of her mind. Tyler coming back and seeing Sherlock after so long definitely gave her a bad case of such a feeling. She was sitting at the edge of her's and John's bed, fully dressed, waiting for John to finish getting ready for the day. 

After Tyler's 'death' John and Clara started going on less and less cases as Sherlock left his flat less and less as time went on. Soon Clara had gotten a small job at the doctor's office John worked at as a secretary - of course she still traveled some, identifying bones, but during her spare time between each case she needed something to occupy her time. 

She decided on a pair of black, knee high boots with a pair of dark skinny jeans, a jumper that was decorated with different shades of grey and pulled her brown curls back into a ponytail. She decided on a pair of silver studs, a silver chained necklace with a heart hanging from it, pink eye shadow, some mascara, and a gold ring on her left finger - hoping John would get the hint. After being interrupted the night before John never did finish asking her what he wanted to ask her. 

"Clara." She snapped out of her thought's to look up at John who was standing in the doorway of the bathroom. 

"What?" She frowned at him, only to stop when she saw the shaving cream decorating his top lip. She raised a hand to her lips, trying to stop her laugh from escaping, "What are you doing?"

John shifted in his spot, looking slightly embarrassed, "having a wash."

Clara's grin simply widened as she set the IPad aside, "you're shaving it off."

"Well, you hate it." He ducked back into the bathroom and Clara jumped up to follow after him. 

"Tyler hates it." She corrected him, leaning against the archway, watching him with a fond smile. 

"Apparently everyone hates it." He grumbled.

Clara pushed up off the wall and came farther into the bathroom, taking the razor from his hand, "come on." She hoped up on the counter, flicking on the sink to help him. 

John watched her carefully as she took his chin in her hand, tilting his head back. A single crease formed in between her eyebrows whenever she was concentrating, thinking - he always thought it was the cutest thing ever.

"Are you gonna see her again?" He asked, finally breaking the silence. 

Clara simply blinked at him, taking a moment to realize what he was talking about, "No," she finally answered, rinsing off the razor before going back for the other half. "I'm going to work."

"Oh," he hummed mockingly, like he didn't believe her. "And after work, are you gonna see her again?" Clara rolled her eyes, not satisfying him with an answer as she finished up. 

She handed him a wash cloth with a bright smile, "there. Finished." John gave her a small smile in return. "Six months of bristly kisses for me, and then her highness turns up-"

"I do not shave for Tyler Jackson." He cut her off, drying off his face and getting rid of the excess shaving cream. He found it odd to see his face bare once more, but oddly it was a welcomed relief.

"Oh!" Clara's eyebrows shot up. "You should get that on a shirt."

"Shut up."

Clara simply smiled cheekily up at him, grabbing at his shirt and pulling him closer, "or what" She challenged. 

"Or I'll marry you." He said in a low voice, his thumbs tracing circles on her thigh.

"I better keep talking then." She replied, her voice just as low. Her lips broke open into a wide smile as her hands came up to either side of his face to pull his lips to hers.