chapter twenty-one

chapter twenty-one
unedited
1054 words

"Wait, how do you know my name? Who are you?" He asked in utter confusion, lowering a pocket knife he had clenched in his hand. You lowered your pistol, thanking yourself in your head that your aim was horrible.

"My name's (Y/N), I came here with all your friends. They say you all know each other from YouTube. Bryce, Ryan, Chilled, and Adam are the ones who told us you were here. Delirious has been worried sick." You replied.

"Really? So they're the ones causing trouble around here! Well, guess we have to kill all these bitches now. Knowing Delirious and them, they're just killing people and wreaking havoc without thinking." Luke said with a grin. You then saw Delirious in the background screaming insults while stabbing people.

"Die, bitch! You take my fucking friend and you dead!" He babbled, releasing a psychotic laugh after. You and Luke continued watching the maniac until he finally killed the people around him and noticed you two standing there. His face turned into a blank stare before he gave a nervous chuckle.

"Too much?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Maybe a bit," Luke replied.

"Luke! You're safe! We got worried when you weren't in their jail cells." Delirious exclaimed, walking over.

"Uh, that's a story for another time. Let's kill these fuckers for kidnapping and hurting us!" Luke exclaimed.

"If you're going to kill people, you're gonna wanna use this," You said, handing your pistol to him. "don't worry, I'll use your knife. I'm better at a knife."

Luke agreed and you exchanged weapons. You looked around and saw that the people that were once around the campfire were shooting their guns everywhere in an attempt to hit someone.

"Okay, (Y/N), you're staying with me. Don't leave my sight." Delirious demanded, sounding serious, unlike before. You nodded. You would've called this one of Delirious' sweet moments, but you were being shot at and couldn't really think about that. Luke followed closely behind you two, not wanting to get separated again.

"Maybe we should meet with the others and make a plan?" Luke asked.

"No, everyone is everywhere and so are The New Order's people," Delirious replied.

"So you just want to walk around and gather people and hope that we don't get brutally killed?" You asked, half sarcastically.

"Yep," Delirious answered, not sounding sarcastic at all. You mentally face palmed. "Do you have any better ideas?"

"I suppose not." You replied.

"Unforunently not," Luke mumbled. The three of you sneaked your way through the guards that were taking cover behind a crate and shooting everyone that wasn't one of theirs. But that doesn't mean our friends, a lot of their prisoners had escaped and were most of what was causing a panic out here. In fact, there was no sign of your friends. You wonder how and why they have like thirty prisoners though.

Delirious lead you to an empty building that had cells, so you know it was where they had kept their prisoners. You could already hear Evan, Tyler, and Chilled's yells.

"I know, but we're going to do something!" Evan yelled.

"I'm not going to wait here and "hope people show up", Evan!" Tyler hissed.

"Listen, there are a time and place for everything, but now is not that time to be fighting with one another!" Chilled broke up the argument. You, Delirious, and Luke then popped around the corner and joined the three. Tyler's face lit up upon seeing your figures, and Evan instinctively pulled a gun on you.

"Calm down, it's just us!" Delirious babbled, not wanting to be shot. Yeah, you didn't want to be either. Being shot by your own team in a battle against a bigger group kind of sucks. Upon realizing who you were, Evan lowered his gun and mumbled apologies, while Tyler's face dulled again.

"Have you seen Craig or the others?" Tyler asked, but it sounded like more of a demand. You all shook your head.

"You're the first people we've found." You answered.

"Luke! It's great to see you're okay. We thought the worst when you weren't in here." Chilled exclaimed, inspecting Luke to make sure he didn't have any wounds.

"Long story. Now, let's get everyone else and get the hell out of here." Luke coaxed.

"Fine. But watch Tyler, he might do something stupid." Evan responded, whispering the last part to you three. Before Evan could finish his sentence, however, Tyler had already stormed out of the building, a nervous and protective Chilled following him.

"Fuck!" The scream erupted in everyone's ears. Behind you came in Anthony, Ryan, Bryce, and Brock. Brock and Ryan were carrying Anthony inside and set him on the ground against a wall to support him. Anthony was clenching his leg in distress, a faint darkened red can be soon staining his pant leg and seeping down onto the floor beneath him.

"Shit, did he get shot?" Delirious squeaked.

"What does it look like!?" Anthony snapped, making everyone except Luke jump from fear of the sudden angry shout. Bryce immediately went down beside Anthony. Bryce was one of the people beside Brock and Chilled that have medical training.

"We can treat him here, you two should go. One of you stay behind though, we could use extra muscle in case things get messy here." Brock instructed.

"I'll stay. You two need to find the others pronto." Luke insisted.

"Fine, but be careful." Delirious accepted, pulling you with him out the building and to where the others presumably ran off to. Once outside, you saw the main area again, except this time, there were a lot of bodies laying on the ground. The thought that some of them could be your friend's petrified you, but you told yourself that let go of that accusation.

"Help! Get them off me!" You heard Marcel scream. Looking over to the right, you saw Marcel backed up against a wall, a small group of walkers crowding against him. You instantly ran over and stabbed them on their bald heads, Delirious following your lead. Marcel bonked the remaining one of the head with his hammer, then kicking his head with a growl, pushing the undead corpse off of him and lifelessly hitting the ground.