🌸 Gatecrashing

Adena's POV-

"Sophia," I yell with as much exasperation as I could muster, " I can't bear this anymore."

I am sure that I sounded desperate enough, and that, one way or another, it was abvious that I was tired beyond belief. Did that even hinder the overly excited Sophia from picking up every item she sees?

Of course not.

"Look, this dress suits you perfectly!" She gushed, completely ignoring my plea for mercy as she picked up a red long dress. I eyed the dress wearily and sighed, deciding to bring an end to this wild goose hunt.

"I told you I'm not gonna attend that stupid party of yours," I deadpanned, trying to sound as resolute as I felt.

However, apparently my fatigue wasn’t evident enough and she attacks me with a cute pout.

Oh Sophie!

People, she wants me to accompany her for her best friends birthday party whom I've never seen. I don't want to go there. I'm not used to meeting new people. I hope she'd understand but I know she will make me go with her and I can't say no to her cute face.

I mean, it wasn’t like she was trying to get me to attend a party of one of her friends. One that was a complete stranger to me, might I add. And it wasn’t like she perfectly understood that I didn’t like meeting new people.

And being Sophie, she definitely wouldn’t even listen to me, meaning that no matter what I did I would still end up going with her.

“I hate you and your puppy eyes, Soph. I hope you know that,” I finally groaned, succumbing to the power of her pouty face.

A grin slowly spreads across her face and she nods enthusiastically, swinging the dress around. “We both know that you are only in a state of denial, love. Now go try this! NOW!”

“Okay, okay. Fine,” with a huff, I grabbed the dress and made my way into the dressing room. 

After the arduous process of stripping then getting into the stupid dress, I looked at my reflection. My eyes immediately hurt from the strong contrast between the red fabric and the irrelevant golden stripes all over it.

And it only reached to my knee.

Ugh, too dashing  and attention-grabbing. Not my type.

"Nah." I spat as I step out of the changing room and she immediately hands me another dress.

Ya rabi! Where does she keep them?

It’s almost like they keep coming out of nowhere.

"I'm sure you will love this!" Sophia exclaimed with a teasing wiggle of her eyebrows as she looked at me expectantly.

I sighed. Perhaps if I ask her nicely…
"Please Soph, I'm tired and I don't wan-"

“Adena, who has the money?” Rudely interrupting my plea, she asked with a knowing glint in her eyes. However, apparently the majority of my brain cells were dead or something because I couldn’t quite understand what she was trying to hint at.

“You do…”

“And do you know how to cook?” She inquired, her lips forming into a devious smirk, one that sent an involuntary shiver down my spine.

“No I don’t,” I replied uncertainly. I didn’t like how the situation was going. I didn’t like it at all. Surely, Sophia loved me enough as to not threaten me with food. Right?