Chapter 8

"Karma!"

Karma looked surprised. Like he knew the person.

"...dad...?"
--------------------

I looked at both karma and the man that had just entered confusedly. Who seemed to be karmas dad looked at me in confusion , as I had looked at him.

"And who's this?"

I looked away trying my best not to make eye contact.

"Does it really matter?"

"Yes, I feel as if I should know, who's staying in the house I pay for, with my son, without my permission"

At that moment, the realization that I was intruding in on their home came to me.

         I felt terrible. It's bad enough I like Karma, but if his dad ends up hating me, thatd be a bad impression and if Karma does end up liking me ba-

"It's my house too... Am I wrong? You're hardly ever here, so what's the problem?"

My own stream of thoughts was interrupted by that smart remark. There seems to be a lot of tension between them, and I felt awkward to be standing there in the middle of everything that's going on.

"S-sorry for intruding... I'll leave right now if you want me to..."

"You're fine. There's nothing wrong with you being here. All I want to know is who you are"

He wiped the serious look off of his face, and looked more friendly. He began to take something out of his bag -- it looked like some type of spice -- and handed it to Karma.

"This one is from Spain"

Karma took it from his dad.

"Thanks"

I stood there quiet confused.

"Don't mean to be rude, but who are you?"

"I-I'm (F/N). Karmas classmate"

I felt like going into full detail. But I can't talk for that long without getting completely flustered and feeling like I'm going to say something that's hard to understand.

"And why are you here?"

"I-it's kind of a long story..."

"She's here because I kidnapped her"

"W-what. Karma that's not something to joke about-"

Karma chuckled a little. I rolled my eyes, with a tiny, somewhat unnoticeable grin.

"The truth is, someone was targeting me and I have no one at home to protect me... Plus I have this sprained ankle so it'll be hard to get around all alone"

"I see... So karma was being generous and is trying to help"

I nodded as I didn't feel like talking more.