Chapter 9

I heard some rustling in the leaves. I thought it was some type of animal or another student, since after all, this hill does have wildlife. I was wrong. So, very wrong. I heard a Karma yell.

"(F/N)! Watch out!"

The next thing you know I heard a gunshot, and then a thump to the ground. But it wasn't me... It was Karma.

------------
"

K-karma?"

I sunk down to the ground, standing on my own knees. He fell right in front of me. Like he was taking a bullet for me.

"Karma... Are you okay...?"

I felt tears streaming down my face.

"Karma... Please get up"

My heart sunk.

"Please..."

Karmas eyes fluttered open. I didn't see any gunshot wounds on him. I was...confused?

"Ne~ was someone worried about me?"

I wiped my tears and got up from the dirt. I helped karma up from the floor, and then I slightly pushed him.

"No... "

I looked down at the floor and figeted with my feet a little bit.

"Maybe a little. Are you sure you're not hurt?"

"Mhm"

I nod and check my phone to see what time it is. In the midst of checking the time, a text popped up.

Unknown number: 'drop dead xoxo'

I dropped my phone straight to the dirt. My eyes welled up with tears.
Karma looks over at me as he finishes wiping the dirt off of his knees. He has a concerned look on his face, like he's actually worried about me?

"(F/N)?"

I don't respond.

"(F/N)?"

Karma jogs over to me and picks up the phone I had just dropped to the floor. He takes a quick look at the text message i had just gotten and looks at me, looking like a mess with tears streaming gently down my face. He has sort of an angry look on his face, making it seem like he actually cared about me. But I'm not quite sure that was the case...

"Are you seriously going to let a pathetic little text like this get to you?" Karma says. Standing kind of fiercely like he was about to take someone out.

"You have someone like me by your side why should you have to worry about a puny text like this" ...or was it...

I stood there and didn't say a word. Like a force was keeping my mouth shut. I wanted to open up my mouth and say something, but I was at a loss for words. I averted my eyes elsewhere. Away from karma, I couldn't look him straight in the eye after what he had just said. I felt my cheeks begin to heat up.
I finally gained some courage to say something.