|12|Cue In The Player

I said there's something 'bout the bad boys
That makes the good girls
Fall in love
I said there's something 'bout the bad boys
♥♥♥

MONDAY AFTERNOONS WERE THE BUSIEST. I had to move straight to the restaurant right after class ended. Antonia greeted me with a smile as I opened the swinging door. "Good to see you carino. How was your weekend?" she asked, her kind eyes staring tentatively.

"It was pretty awesome. Newton Prep is nothing like my old school," I relayed. For a boss, she was really warm and kind. I followed her into the kitchen where Alfredo was up and about. Antonia and her husband Alfredo, ran the bar I worked at. They were quite affable and sweet to me because I reminded them of their daughter who'd passed away from osteosarcoma which I later got to find out was leg cancer. Even with the death of their daughter still fresh in their minds, the couple had so much life in them that I enjoyed their company more than the hours I spent at school and at the dorm.

"Buenos tardes Chef Alfredo,"

"Beautiful Lisa!" Alfredo grinned, turning on the faucet, "I heard your lacrosse team beat Crest falls high,"

I went to stand by him, "We beat them real bad. I even caught one of their players weeping when the game ended,"

He snorted, wiping his hand on the napkin he'd picked from the counter.

"Lisa I'll be up front. Get changed into your uniform. People will start strolling in soon," Antonia left Alfredo and I to ourselves.

I hurriedly went to the basement to change from my school gear into my waitressing uniform and headed back to the kitchen where Alfredo was chopping some veggies and cured meat.

"So what's on the menu for today today," I rubbed my palms together, as a speed booster. Antonia's grill was a little different from the other restaurants I knew of because, Antonia, the lady of the house as I would like to call her, carefully pointed out the day I'd applied for work there that while other restaurants  stuck to one menu, they had varied menus for each day.

"Paella rice dish and churros," He said as he continued chopping the cured ham into smaller sizes.

I grabbed an apron from the cabinet next to the walk in refrigerator, "Hmm yummy!" Licking my lips, I drapped the apron around my tiny waist.

Alfredo laughed, "You should go out there before Antonia realizes you're not waiting tables with her."

"Alright chef! Break a leg! Call me when you need me," I rushed out into the wood-beamed dinning area and started taking orders down in my small order pad.

The restaurant stretched outdoor to the square where many people sat on the beautiful wooden chairs, gazing at the glittering lake beneath the roughly edged sandstone bridge. Antonia signaled me to go out to take more orders.

I nodded and with speedy legs hurried off to the first table. Familiar set of eyes peered at me.

"Ninja girl?" I asked, remembering her as the girl who'd helped me break into school. Like the other day, she was in an all black apparel. Her body clinging leather dress reached mid thigh, almost touching her black leather boots. A light sneer touched her fiery red lips.

"You two know each other?" I turned to the owner of the throaty voice when I realized she wasn't alone. I looked over my glasses. Dean Richardson? What was ninja girl doing with Dean Richardson? After game night I did as much research as I could on the campus stud. And it turned out he was the pop in popular and rich in rich. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if Antonia, who hated sports as much as I did, knew the lacrosse superstar of Newton Prep.