Prologue

Prologue
-Six Years Old-

"Danny will you push me?" Phil pouted, looking over at Dan who was on the top of the slide smiling brighter than the abnormal British sun. Dan slid down the slide, jumping off at the bottom and running to his friend who was sat on the swing.

"Shouldn't you be on the little swing? That's the big swing, you could get hurt Phil," Dan pointed out, looking at the 'little swing' which was in fact the baby swing which had been designed so small children would be safe when sat inside it. Phil on the other hand, was sat on the 'big swing' which all the pre-teens and teenagers went on. Dan's mum had told Dan not to go on the big swing till he was at least seven so he could learn how to make the swing move by himself and not be at risk of falling off.

"Don't be silly Dan, I'm not a baby, I can go on the big swing," Phil said cheerfully pushing Dan's comment swiftly aside.

"But it's not safe, mummy said-"

"Dan your such a mummy's boy!" Phil teased, kicking his legs out. "C'mon it's me going on the swing not you, all you have to do is push Danny!"

Dan hesitated at first but then stood behind his friend, preparing his hands to push Phil.

"You're the best friend in the world Danny!" Phil exclaimed as he looked behind him at Dan.

Dan smiled.

"You're my best friend too Phil."

Both boys giggled and Dan gave a small push on Phil's swing, sending him a mere ten centimeters. Phil squealed slightly, holding onto the chains for dear life.

"Get ready for the best time of your life!" Dan said excitedly, pushing Phil again with a little more strength so Phil went further making him squeal more.

"This is so fun Danny!"

Dan grinned and pushed his friend again. The swing got progressively higher which tired Dan out slightly due to the fact that he was only a little boy. Every now and then he would stop, letting the swing use it's momentum to keep swinging while he got some of his energy back and looked over at his mum who was chatting to Phil's mum on a bench on the other side of the park. When Phil finally told Dan to stop pushing, he jumped off the swing and landed on the floor with two wobbling legs before falling onto the soft rubber ground which had been placed for accidents (or possibly worse) like Phil's. Dan gasped running next to his friend and helping him up, asking whether he was okay.

"I'm fine Danny," Phil replied giggling. "That was really fun! You should try Danny!"

Dan shook his head and crossed his arms.

"What are you scared of the big swing?" Phil mocked.

"Shut up Phil!" Dan said stubbornly. "I'm not scared, I just don't want to go on the big swing!"

Phil smirked and rubbed Dan's chubby cheeks.

"Aw, you are scared Danny!"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Am not!"

"Then go on the big swing Danny," Phil said sticking his tongue out.

"Fine!" Dan said angrily, sticking his tongue back out at his best friend. He stomped towards the big swing and clambered onto the seat, holding on to the chains. He felt like he wanted to go to the toilet due to nerves. He looked over at his mum who seemed to be in deep conversation with Mrs Lester. He knew he'd be in so much trouble if he got caught on the big swing. Phil skipped behind Dan, putting his hands on the bottom of the swing.