13 ; Loving You

#13

If I was honest, school had killed me. 

It had been two days since I'd come back home beaten and almost bloody by Brock. Since then, he hadn't touched me - physically. He had thrown insults at me at every moment possible, it wasn't only him though. Some of my year were just ignorant to it, like they were with everyone else Phil had gotten with. 

Although, every one in my school knew about Phil's antics and despite some years being lower than mine, some were giving me a hard time. But Louise and Chris were always attached to my hip like glue - with the exception of Chris who sometimes hung out with Pj. However much Brock was giving me a hard time, I really wanted to find out what was going on with Phil. But I couldn't, because I'd probably end up with a broken arm or something.

 I sighed and rolled over on my bed with my phone in hand, my finger lingered on Phil's mobile number. I didn't have to go into school today till twenty past twelve when my first lesson started out of two that day. My dad had the day off today from his work so he was pestering me about going to find a job since I was sixteen and in another school year I would need money for university.

"Dan! I'm going food shopping and you're coming!" My dad shouted up the stairs.

"Ugh," I moaned under my breath before shouting back. "Do I have to?"

"Yes, get your lazy fast arse of your bed now," he yelled back, his feet stomping back down the stairs. 

I pulled myself of my bed. I stretched and pulled on a hoodie. I opened my bedroom door and jogged down the stairs. My dad smiled at me, chucking the car keys up and down in his hand.

"Don't worry, I'll drop you off at school afterwards so grab your school bag," my dad said.

I rolled my eyes pulling on some vans and slung my school bag over my shoulder following my dad to the car. Once the car started up he turned on the radio, suddenly Fall Out Boy started playing with the song 'I Don't Care' from their album Folié A Deux playing which had surprised me.

"Don't you like this band?" My dad asked once we were on the roads properly. "One of your emo bands?"

"Dad they're not emo bands!" I retorted indignantly, my nails dug into my seat. 

It really put me on edge when people called the bands I listened to 'emo'. My dad laughed since he knew he was getting under my skin. I gritted my teeth and crossed my arms, looking out of the window while mouthing the lyrics.

"You look like an idiot Dan," my dad said quickly.

"Like your so-called spiky fringe," I snapped back.

"My fringe is fine thank you!"

I huffed sliding into my seat slightly.

"So have you asked Louise out yet?"

My eyes widened. 

"What?"

My dad chuckled again and I rolled my eyes. It was evident that my dad was a very persistent person who always drove me up a wall when he kept pestering me about something. However this time instead of pushing further he just relaxed his shoulders and the car went silent with the exception of Fall Out Boy. I was trying to keep Phil off my mind as much as possible but the more I tried more he just latched to my mind like a parasite. I really wanted to hate him. But my heart was too focused on the fact that somewhere old Phil was there, typical though. It was clearly evident that not a single piece of old Phil was left. Just an arrogant, cocky form left. The car suddenly jolted to a stop, sending me forward in my seat but stopped from hitting the glove box in front of me by my seat belt.