In The End. (Carl)

This is basically a tribute to Chester Bennington, and his family.

Watched the time go right out the window
Tryin' to hold on, didn't even know
I wasted it all just to watch you go

"Hey, Carl." You looked into your life-sized mirror.

"Ugh, no." You tried fixing your posture, so you wouldn't slouch so much, but it was no use.

"Why am I even doing this? I literally have 0 chances with him." You sighed, looking out your bedroom window. There he was; the adorable 16 year old with brown shaggy hair that you loved to run your hands through.

"He doesn't even like me like that. He only sees me as a friend anyway." You said to yourself.

I kept everything inside
And even though I tried, it all fell apart

See, no one knows you like Carl, and you would like to keep it that way.

You smiled as you walked outside, and saw Carl on his porch.

"Hey, Carl!" I greeted.

"Hey!" He replied.

He was basically your only friend in Alexandria, apart from Ron.

"What have you been up to?" You asked.

"Taking care of Judith, and not trying to die." He chuckled.

"Yeah, I think that's happening to all of us." You laughed.

"Carl, can you take care of Judith while Daryl, and I go on a run?" Rick called from inside.

"Yeah, just give me a second." Carl replied.

"I gotta go. See you later?"

"Definitely."

-4 days later-

You finally decided today will be the day you ask him out. You smiled at the thought of him saying yes to you. You looked around, trying to find Carl. After about 5 minutes of looking, you finally found him.

"Hey, I have a question to ask you." You smiled.

"Okay."

"Will you go out with me?" You confidently asked.

He smiled with pity, and looked down.

"Uh, look. Y/N, I like you, and all. But as a friend. I'm really sorry."

"Oh, it's okay. I was just trying something different, ya' know. To get out of my comfort zone a little." You lied.

"Well, I'm glad you're trying new things." He smiled.

"Yeah. I, uh, I gotta get going. See you later."

"Bye."

You walked back to your house, trying to hold back the tears.

I tried so hard and got so far
But in the end, it doesn't even matter
I had to fall to lose it all
But in the end, it doesn't even matter

-5 days later-

You wouldn't come out of your house for anyone, or anything. You just wanted the world to go away. Everyone tried to get you out of the house, but you wouldn't budge. You had countless of tissues piled up everywhere.

You suddenly heard giggling outside, and you were confused. you went to check it out, but immediately regretted your decision. Across the street was Carl and Enid acting like idiots in love. You went to back to your couch, and sobbed until there was nothing left.

"At least he knows now. I tried, but for what? He doesn't love me, and he never will. It doesn't matter in the end." You thought to yourself before crying yourself to sleep.

I love you guys.