Chapter 4

2 weeks later

--

Niall's P.O.V

The house was a total mess. I had been staying there for 2 years and I still haven't thought about cleaning it!

An idea came across my mind. Since I've got a person with me why can't we clean it together? It would be fun I guess.

Kate's P.O.V 

I crawled under my sheets in my room,cozy enough to read a book. I like reading and yes you can call me a bookworm. Some books are hella interesting though.

After flipping through the book's pages, I heard Niall shouting "Kate! Come over here!!"

mm what would've he wanted? I came down to see Niall wearing an apron,holding a mop and smiling at me. I literally chocked out laughing it was a legit joke. I shook my head as he said whined like a 5 year old baby "What? Haven't you seen a man cleaning?" He gave me the mop  "Lets get cleanin'!" Few minutes later I changed into comfy clothes. I trudged down the stairs, and the floor  was  full of soap. I started mopping the floor and then Niall called me playfully

"Kate there's something right here on your face." . I turned around to see that Niall had snapped me with a handful of soap and started laughing. That little bastard.

"NIALL! COME OVER HERE." I said as I started chasing him all over the room with the soap and the mop as he was laughing his head off. He then slipped and  landed on the floor. I finally had the chance  to snap him with handful too but I also slipped on the wet floor and came on top of him. "Ouch" he said and smirked.

"ohmygod! I'm so sorry.." He stared into my eyes,I got all nervous, his face was inches away from mine I could smell his minty breath "I'm really sorry I didn't me-" all of a sudden his lips crashed into mine. I flinched but kissed back. Our lips moved in sync. Heclosed the space between us.

It was magical.

"You really should stop talking so much because its annoying." he smiled. I got up and helped him up. We pretended that nothing had ever happened. He just had this silly smirk on the whole time! He went to the kitchen and came back with snacks.

"You hungry?" he said.

"Hungry's not the word niall. I'm starving"

--

Niall's P.O.V 

We got up to put the dishes in the sink. As we were in the kitchen,Kate came up to me and said. "Niall I really thank you for everything. I'm feeling safe. And careless. Thank You." She hugged me and I hugged her back. "No problem babe. Don't worry. I'll keep you safe."

1 week later

"Kate! I'm going to the market! Would you like to come with me?"

"Sure! Coming!"

We got out as I closed the door behind me,guiding her to the car. 

I opened the passenger door as she got in. 

"Wow. You're such a gentleman" (note the sarcasm)

Kate's P.O.V 

We turned on the radio as we tuned in a radio station that put my favorite song  "Don't Let Me Go" by The Fray. "I love this song!" as I smiled at Niall. He started  singing along. His voice is stunning.

--

We went into the market,I got a basket and we both started walking through all categories.We both laughed as if we forgot the world and the people surrounding us. It was fun. We were playing like little kids. An old women came by us and said "You two are a very nice couple." I blushed and said "no uh mm we're just friends" "yeah hahah" Niall said and smirked. "Well,you should make a great couple!" She continued. "Thanks!" we both said. As we continued walking through the categories, we got to the vegetable area. Niall went to check out the tomatoes as i went to check the pepper. I grabbed one pepper as all the other peppers crawled down the box "shit" I muttered. A young adult, probably my age,came to me as she helped me with the peppers. As soon as she was done I said "Thank you" and smiled. She smiled and introduced herself. "Hi,I'm Alex."

"And I'm Kate!" we both shook hands. After a couple of minutes talking, Alex seemed like a nice person.

"Here have my number" I said as I added myself into her contacts.

"Nice to meet you Kate!" she smiled.

"Nice to meet you too Rosie!" i said as i smiled.

Niall came back,smiled and said "looks like you made a friend! yey!"

"hahah yeah" i smiled. 

Now was the time for cleaning area. As I walked past the shampoo stand, I suddenly saw a familiar face, it was my stepmother's she was surprised and came by me. "Kate?" I looked at her.

"What are you doing here young lady? You've been missing for the last couple of weeks. Common lets come back home."

"no. I'm not going back home."

"please Kate,darling come back home."

"No .I'm not coming back home.what for? to sit like a dog being hit by this bastard?"

"watch your language" she said.

"Mom i'm not going back home.Case closed.Just pretend you never adopted me."

"Kate. Come with me."she held my hand.

"No.goodbye mom." I snatched my hand from hers. and went back to Niall. He was standing there,staring at me,no words came out of his mouth. "Lets go Niall."

"Sure princess okay."I went back home,unpacked my stuff and went to my room. It was raining outside. I crawled under my sheets. Suddenly my door flung open. It was Niall,holding a cup of chocolate milk and smores. "You okay?" he mumbled.

"Yeah I am" I smiled.

"I know you love this." he said and handed me the cup. "hahah thank you." I smiled. We both sat there a bit,talked,and laughed. It was 10 past 12 and we both decided to go to bed. Before leaving my room,he came by me,raised my chin gently and said "Have a great night princess" and kissed my lips gently. Butterflies exploded in my stomach as I kissed back. He pulled back,smiled and went back to his room.

Niall's P.O.V

An hour after being at Kate's room,I couldn't sleep I kept thinking about her, to be honest I liked her the first time my eyes landed on hers.

I wished i could kiss her lips once again.

I got off my bed because of the lack of sleep,and went to her room. 

She seemed like she was sleeping. She looked so cute. 

"Kate?" I tried to wake her up.after several trials,she woke up. "What's wrong Niall?" She said as she looked at me.

I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER NEXT CHAPTER IS COMING UP LATER x THIS CHAP IS DEDICATED TO MY POLO @yaraghazi AND MY BAE @talspolo -Cal

Twitter:@leggoziall