The Concert

"It's finally happening!" I exclaimed to my sister, Megan, in the car.
"I don't know what your obsession is over this guy." Megan says to me. I give her a death glare from the side. As we pull up to the concert location, she asks, "Didn't you bring your phone? Don't you want to post pictures on Instagram?" I shrug.
"I'd rather live in the moment than live it on Instagram. I still have it with me though." I say honestly.
"Okay....? Bye Lil Sis!" Megan calls out to me as I hop out of the car.
"Bye!" I exclaim, probably a little too excited.
I stretch my legs as I get out of the car for the first time in 4 hours.

The concert starts, and I'm literally right next to the stage!! I could reach out and touch it - but I don't. I don't want to be one of those creepy fans that climbs on the stage or gets arrested and stuff. Many songs pass, and I scream the lyrics out for every one. Everyone watches as Shawn goes to one of the band members and gets handed something. But what? What could it be?! Shawn walks back into the light holding a single rose, as 'Roses' starts to play. Shawn strums the intro on his guitar, then swings it backwards so it is now hanging upside down on his back. He starts singing the lyrics.
"SCREAM IT OUT!" He tells the Mendes Army, and we do as he says. He walks along the edge of the stage, holding fans' hands. Once he gets to the chorus, he spots me just looking up at him, not screaming his name, not recording it on my phone, just enjoying the moment. He motions for me to come closer. I mouth "Me?" and point to myself, and he nods his head and smiles. He points the microphone at me and I sing the lyrics, my voice heard through the whole stadium. He had a shocked expression on his face, which quickly turned to a smile. As I sing he grabs my hand and holds it, and when the chorus ends he kisses my hand and hands me the rose. I take it and smile. I've never been so happy in my life. I get some annoyed and jealous looks from other fans around me, but I don't care. Through the rest of the song he sings to me, our eyes locked on each other. I hold the rose next to my heart and just stare at him as he stares back at me. As the song comes to an end he makes his way over to me.
"What's your name, sweetie?" He points the microphone at me and smiles.
"Melissa." I respond into the microphone, my wide smile never escaping my face.
"Beautiful name." He says and holds my hand again. "Everyone give it up for Melissa!" He holds the microphone high in the air, and loud screams, hollers, and whoops are heard everywhere. He notices my "SHAWN ACCESS EXPERIENCE VIP" lanyard that hangs just below my chest. "I want you to keep that rose until the meet and greet, okay?" I nod my head and he kisses my hand again as he backs away and turns his guitar around. More stares from other fans, great,
"Just forget about them, Mel! You're here to have a good time!" I continued to enjoy the concert, screaming the lyrics out during every song.

The last song ends, and into the microphone he screams, "THANK YOU NEW YORK!" and walks off the stage, but not before giving me a little wink.