The Tour Bus - Part 2

I wake up about an hour later and sit up. I feel my head with the back of my hand; I was sweltering, not to mention dizzy and nauseous. I push the covers off of me as fast as I can. The world around me was spinning. Shawn notices I'm awake and walks over to me.
"Hey, you um, look a little green." He says as he leans his hands on the edge of the bed. I nod my head and breathe heavily. Shawn motions for me to get up and I do, then he leads me to the bathroom. I hobble my way to the toilet and Shawn opens the cover as I sit in front of it, my eyes closed and my hands holding my stomach. He stands behind me and strokes my hair. I jerk forward and throw up into the toilet as Shawn holds back my long blonde hair. I throw up again into the toilet, the stench filling up the bathroom. I sit back and Shawn drops my hair as he goes to the cabinet and takes out a thermometer. I wipe my mouth with a piece of toilet paper and drop it in the bowl. He comes over to me and holds the thermometer right in front of my mouth. "Tongue up." He says as I lift my tongue up and he places the thermometer under. I sit there sweating as we wait for the thermometer to detect my body temperature. Shawn leans back on the sink. The thermometer beeps and Shawn takes it out. When he looks at the temperature, he sighs. "You have a 100.1 fever." He looks down at me sitting in front of the toilet. I suddenly feel guilty. I feel bad that we still have 3 hours until we get to my house, and he's stuck with a sick girl. The combination of the stench, the fever, and feeling guilty makes me throw up again. My stomach feels a bit settled now that it's empty, so I wipe my mouth one last time and close the toilet cover, then I flush it.
When the toilet stops making that flushing noise, I look up at Shawn and somehow let out a raspy "I'm sorry." He has his arms crossed and he's still leaning on the sink. My breathing is continually heavy and I look down. I feel so guilty.
"It's not your fault." He says with a sigh. He seems to be upset about this. I hold my breath. "I just...wanted to take you on that date tomorrow night, but um...you need your rest." He gives me a soft smile. "I'll get you some of my clothes so you don't have to wear those." He points to my outfit. Once he leaves the room I let out my breath. I just sit there. I sit right in front of the toilet, frozen. I can't move. I don't move. I don't want to move. Tears silently run down my cheeks, falling to the floor. He comes back with a T-shirt and shorts and kneels down next to me. "You okay?" He asks. I just nod. "Look, I'm not mad, okay? This isn't your fault at all. You couldn't control it. I just have a lot on my mind right now so even if it seems like I'm mad at you, I'm not. Please remember that. Don't cry." He wipes a tear from my face. My whole body is shaking slightly. "We're going to stop at the store and get you some medicine. Do you think you'll be okay getting dressed by yourself?" He asks, noticing me shaking. I give a hesitant nod and take the clothes from him. He kisses my forehead and rubs my arm gently, then he leaves and closes the door. It's a struggle trying to get dressed while your legs are jello. I'm fully dressed in his clothes and when I try to reach for the door handle, the bus makes a sharp turn and I hit my head on the sink as I fall to the floor with a loud thud. I hear a faint "Melissa!" from the other side of the door as the world goes black.