Chapter 5/Friends

(: Alexis POV :)

I walk into my bathroom. It is 6:00 in the morning and school starts at 8:00. I take off my clothes and walk into the shower. I look at my bruised body. I have cuts and scars all over me. The time before last night, he had gone so far as to cut my side as "punishment."
I love the shower because I can cry and sob and after taking it, I can say that the hot shower made my face red.

***20 minutes later.

I picked out clothes in 10 minutes. I know that's a while to look for clothes but I needed something to cover my scars. I finally found a dark blue and white striped shirt. Light blue jeans, and black leather boots.

I then put my wavy hair into a half up/ half down style

Then I put on my makeup. I have to hide scars so I put on my expensive makeup. I use a blended brown eyeshadow and black eyeliner. I put a few coats of mascara instead of fake eye lashes.

 I put a few coats of mascara instead of fake eye lashes

After being pleased with my look I head to my car.

***5 minutes later (hahahahah when I wrote this I felt like putting a vid from spongebob)

I walk into the doors putting on a fake smile.

People greet me.

"Hey Alex!"

"Whatup Lex"

"Hey girl, how are you?"

"Wanna hang later."

I smile and reply to everyone.

"Hey Cierra."

"The sky."

"I'm good, thanks!"

"Maybe I'll have to see if I'm busy."

I spot Austin and avoid eye contact. Wesley will be mad if I talk to him. I don't want to be hit harder. Luckily he doesn't spot me.

I glance over at him during class. He's wearing a black hoodie over his head, covering half his face. I know it is him though. He looks over at me before looking down.

Is he avoiding me too?

I hope. That's a huge relief. I would feel bad if I had to come up with an excuse not to hang with him anymore. I wonder why he is ignoring me though. Did I do something wrong? I don't think so. Suddenly, I have a strong urge to know but I control myself and simply try not to acknowledge his presence.
-------------------------------------------

/: Austin POV :\

I walk through the doors of hell and pull my hoodie up ignoring everyone. I have decided to avoid Alexis. I don't want to drag her into my problems and she deserves much better. I see her in the hall but look away when she looks over. She hurries to class not even glancing again in my direction.

What is her problem?

I walk to the class and sit in the back on the opposite side of the room that I sat in yesterday.

Alexis totally ignores my presence and plays with the hem of her shirt. I look away and she glances at me. I glance back and look away. She looks.... relieved? What happened? I wonder. Did I do something? Did someone threaten her to leave me alone? Maybe she realized that she was too good for me? I think.

I cleared out my thoughts and paid attention to the lesson. The teacher, Mr. Smith, tells us that we will be working in partners. Oh great. I think sarcastically, because I totally want to be social right now. He then announces that he will choose for us. Oh how fantastic. I think again sarcastically. He then announces the partners.

"Jake Uster and Hanna Morgans."

"Shilo Abbot and Ashton Miller."

"Jamie Zaiden and Justin Peterson."

"Austin Smith and Alexis Venz." We both wince.

He goes on listing the partners and she moves to the seat beside me so we can discuss the work.

"Hello." She says awkwardly.

"Sup." I answer smoothly.

"Look I'm really sorry I've been ignoring you. My boyfriend saw us together and got the wrong idea and he doesn't want me to talk to you." She mumbles.

So she has a boyfriend.

"Okay." I answer.

"Why have you been ignoring me?" She asks curiously

"Well, you looked like you needed space and I don't want to be a bad influence. You are such a happy person,
opposite of me and I don't want you to get hurt." I answer.

Her eyes widen. "That's the most you've ever said to me," she smiles sheepishly.

"Friends?" She asks.

"Friends."
//////////////////////////////////

Okay so I know this is cringy and that they made up really fast but they are falling for each other slowly so it's easier for them to make up. Now this is definitely not their last fight. I was just explaining why they made up so fast. Also my next goal is: 200 reads. 20 comments. 50 votes.