Kidnapped chapter twenty nine

Chapter 29

Alex POV

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

"I'm sorry, I'm going to need everyone to leave the room. I have to check the patient"

At the sound of the strange voice, my eyes attempt to open but it feels like they're glued shut. I try to move any other part but I can't. My head feels like it's on fire and everything sounds muffled.

I hear people mumbling and shuffling out of the room. Then I hear the nurse walking around and clicking things.

She suddenly places her hand on my arm and I flinch.

"Alex?" She asks.

I try my hardest to make a sound, any sound. My throat feels so dry, I'm dying for water suddenly. Instead my fingers curl and she grabs my hand firmly and gasps.

"Doctor Reynolds! Doctor Reynolds! She's awake!" The nurse sounds like she's hyperventilating and I just want to open my eyes. The door opens and I hear a male speak.

"Are you sure? Brenda, you know sometimes patients move their limbs, it doesn't mean they're awake."

"I'm positive! She's awake. I know it."

I open my mouth in an attempt to ask for water but instead a weird heaving sound comes out.

"Get a glass of water, now please" doctor Reynolds orders. I hear Brenda shuffle out of the room.

"Alex?" The doctor asks, "Alex if you're awake and cAn hear me, please make some type of signal."

I lay there trying to think of anything to signal that I can hear. I curl my fingers and open my mouth. My eyes flutter under my eyelids which still feel so heavy.

"She's awake. My god, she's awake," he whispers. "I'll be damned."

"Here you go sir" Brenda interrupts.

"Keep an eye on her, try to help her open her eyes. She struggling to open them. I'm going to talk to her family." I hear him walk out and then Brenda walks towards me.

"I knew you would make it. I was so hopeful." She grabs my hand and squeezes it gently.

Jess POV

I sit in the waiting room waiting to go back in and sit next to Alex. The room is a square and I sit on one side opposite from the rest of Alex's family. I stare at the floor ignoring the stares I'm receiving from her siblings and parents.

I stare off my mind wandering. We all are fearing the worst. She's not going to make it. It's been a month. If she dies I will never forgive myself. Her family will never forgive me. I left her there with them, defenseless. I thought she was safe with Noah. I did.

You think you know a guy.

*Flash back begins*

"Hurry up!!" I scream at the officer, "turn off your damn sirens! They'll hear you coming!"

I'm on the edge of the seat next to him in the passenger seat. I have no idea what time it is, just that it's getting dark. Just that Alex has been alone with Noah and elijah.

"There, " I whisper. I see the house in the distant. As we near it, the rest of the cop cars circle the house. The officer I'm with steps out and I step out as well.

"I'm going to ask you to remain in the vehicle until it is safe to come out, please," he says sternly.

"No! She's in there she could be hurt," I step out if the vehicle and motion for him to walk in front of me. He stares at me and then sighs and begins to walk.