Kidnapped Chapter 30

Alex POV

"Can you see?" Brenda asks. I squint my eyes and blink a couple times, her face coming into view. She has brown hair and blonde highlights with a round face, almond eyes and full lips.

She's very pretty.

"Y-yea" I croak. She hands me the glass of water again and I happily drink away.

"You have company," she smiles. Just then the door opens and I see the people I thought I'd never see again.

My mom and my siblings stand in the doorway nervously peeking in. They all have tears rolling down their face and my eyes moist up and I let out a sob. My bottom lip trembles as my mom steps in first, taking me all in.

I take her in as well and see she's so thin. She has lost a lot weight, she looks deathly thin. Her eyes look hollow and she has bags under eyes. My whole family looks like that.

"Mom" I sob. I start to shake with tears streaming down my face. I can't believe she's here. I can't believe God has let me see her and my family again. She runs to me and gives me a huge hug and kisses my face.

"My baby! Oh my god my Alex, you're here, you're okay, I'm here now sweetie" she cries. She's shaking and her hands are unsteady as she cups my face. We hold each other and cry our hearts out not believing that this is really happening. She finally pulls away so my siblings can see me.

Henry steps up first, Henry who I've never in my life seen cry, has tears rolling down his face. He bends down and hugs me so tight and I hug him back.

"I missed you so much" I sob, his shoulders begin to shake and he says he missed me too.

"You don't know how happy I am to see you awake" he whispers. He tried to compose himself and steps back to let Leslie in. She runs to to me and I'm hugged again. She's crying hysterically, she can't even speak.

"Alex- Alex, i- I'm so happy, I thought-" she shakes her head and hugs me even tighter. My cheek is wet from our tears and I reach up to wipe them. Leslie steps back and I see Mary. The one I think I missed the most.

"Mary," I whisper.

"Alex I missed you so much" she has been strong and not cried but now her eyes are watering and her voice is cracking. She walks over to me and gently touches my face as if it's the first time she's seen me. She suddenly let's out a sob and she begins to silently cry.

Watching her like this is breaking my heart and I begin to cry again. She looks so much older than the last day I saw her when I promised id help her with her homework the next day. I grab her hands and pull her in for a hug. I hug her so tight not wanting to ever let her go.

"I missed you too Mary, you have no idea, I'm so glad to see you!" We hug for a long time before Brenda coughs and we all look up.

"I'm sorry," she says embarrassed. "I was told to stay here even though I feel like I'm intruding in a private moment. Don't mind me." She walks to a corner and picks up some jars and sets them back down again.

I lay back in my bed and suddenly I remember Jess.

"Where's jess?" I ask, panic setting in.

"She's fine, don't worry" my mother says, "she wanted to let us come in first since we haven't seen you awake in almost a year."

A year? Wow.

" how long have I been in the hospital?" I ask.

"A month. You went into a coma. " my mom explains.

Oh my gosh I've been out of it for a whole month?!

"What about..." I trail off feeling awkward asking what I want to ask. "What about elijah and Noah? Where are they?"

They all stare at me and clearly no one wants to speak. My siblings look at my mom and she sighs.

"The elijah one is dead. He was shot by the police the day they found you. Him and the Noah guy got into a confrontation with the police and they were shot. Not before the Noah one shot you though. He's alive. He's been taken to a hospital in the state jail where he's awaiting trial."

"Elijah is dead?" I ask shocked. I can't believe it. Just like that he's gone. Noah is alive.

"Noah isn't guilty" I blurt out before I can think.

"What?" Henry asks. "He shot you. He put you in a coma, he kept you captive! What the hell do you mean he isn't guilty?!"

"He didn't mean to shoot me. I saw it before I blacked out. He meant to shoot elijah, elijah moved. Noah missed because the front door burst open. That's the last thing I remember. The Big Bang I heard before I passed out.

Noah didn't know Jess and I were kidnapped when he arrived at the house. When he found out he begged elijah to let us go but elijah is nuts. Noah if course had to keep loyalty to his brother but he never hurt me or Jess. Elijah eventually was keeping him captive too! No one could leave the house but Elijah.

Noah is innocent. I don't think he deserves to be punished. Before the police came he was fighting with elijah to protect me! I want to testify. I want to defend Noah! It's not fair! Elijah is the one who deserved to suffer and not die a quick death!" I'm shouting now, I don't know why but I'm angry.

Maybe it's because I don't think elijah got what he deserved. He should've suffered like he made me and Jess suffer.

"Okay, baby calm down, please," my mom begged, noticing how the machine started beeping more rapidly.

I take a deep breath and close my eyes. I know how it crazy it seems that I'm defending Noah but this isn't even about me liking him. He didn't hurt us and he didn't want to keep us there! It's not fair that he has to take the blame for everything elijah did. Noah is probably going to get the death penalty

or life in prison unless Jess or I testify.

"I want to talk to the police. I want to explain to them what happened. What did Jess tell them? Did Jess explain to them what happened?" I question.

"Sweetie, please," my mom sobs, "you just woke up, we haven't seen you, I don't want to talk about this right now!" She sighs and sits down in the chair behind her.

"Alex, i dont think it's a good use for you to testify, you've most likely been brainwashed!" Henry speaks up.

" I haven't, I know exactly what happened and I was not brainwashed. I want to speak to a detective or whoever as soon as possible. But first I want to speak to Jess." I look around waiting for someone to move and go look for Jess.

"Now."

Mary steps up and walks towards the door.

"Thank you" I say.

Jess has to be on my side. She just has to!