Chapter 1

It was a normal afternoon for Pluto. he had lazed around the garden, scorched trees, and chased Mey Rin and Baldroy until Finny took hold of his leash and ended up choking him. Huffing at the memory he turned into his human form and went into the manner forgetting to put on clothes. Using his nose Pluto found his target and started to whine and whimper to get his supposed owner's attention. Sighing Sebastian turned to glare at the demon hound. “Pluto the young master is having guests over shortly. You have to stay outside.” He said in a calm but threatening voice. Whining more and moving back as Sebastian grabbed the back of his collar and dragged Pluto back outside. “I had the other servants build you a dog house to keep you out of the rain. If you are good there will be a treat for you later, now stay.” He said gesturing to the dog house. Turning back into his dog form, Pluto entered the his new dog house to test the feel of it when something caught his nose. Turning in that direction (Smells like blood. Some idiot must have fallen.) Pluto thought following his nose as the sun started to be blocked by clouds. As he drew closer to the smell small hiccuping could be heard. Raising his head and stopping as the smell of a cat also mixed with the scent causing Pluto scowled (That best not be a stupid cat giving birth. Master would have a field day and ignore me.) He thought as a growl left his throat as he turned away from the scent and headed back to his dog house to avoid being rained on. Not far from where Pluto left, you were still tucked under your savoirs for limbs trying to warm him up. “H-hey it it's getting darker out, you you should wake up. Why why don't we go home? And tr-try again tomorrow?” You hiccuped using one of your paws to push on his chest trying to wake him up. Shaking with both fear and coldness, when you heard a low growl somewhere close by, causing you to squeak and turn your head into the warm spot you made in the albino’s fur. Waiting until you couldn't hear the growl anymore you peaked out just as is it started to rain. Whimpering a bit you tried to stay out of the rain by tucking yourself closer to your companion. As the rain came down harder you looked up to see that the albino was being pelted by the rain. Crawling from under him you thought that maybe someone would help wake you savoir up from his heavy slumber. Shivering as you wobbled your way through the wind and rain, you saw a gray building coming into view. Walking slower as you left the underbrush you came upon a garden of sorts. “U-um hello? I-I need h-help!” You mewed trying to get anyone's attention. Crawling further into the garden, you continued to try and get help until you came to a very large building with an arch as the opening. Hearing a growl coming from the inside you backed away as a very large dog came out. Gulping “I-I’m s-sorry for b-bothering you. I jus just need help waking u-up my f-friend!” You whimpered curling up as the unknown canine towered over you. “I'm gonna give you the count of three to get the hell outta here cat.” Pluto growled getting ready to chase you. Shakely stepping back “P-please I-I need help!” 1 “I just!” 2 “A-a little! 3 “No!” You screamed running from the hound that now chased you. Running as both rain and tears streamed down your fur you ran back to your savoir as fast as you could. Breaking through the brush you jumped over your companion hoping that he would wake up and save you. Coming to a complete stop when he saw you hide behind a dead dog, Pluto recognized the familiar scent from earlier. (Wait the scent from earlier was from this guy bleeding out, the hell?!) He thought looking over your hero’s form with a stunned look. Watching as you peeked from behind the dead male. “H-he won't w-wake up. I-I was just, just trying to g-get help for him. H-he’s all I've g-got since I-I lost m-my family!” You cried closing your eyes and burrowing your head into the Shepard's neck. Grimsing at your sad display and feeling a tad bit guilty for chasing you. Pluto looked away and shifted his weight from paw to paw as you continued to cry. “Aye, uh kid. Sorry for being the bearer of bad knews. But um your uh friend there ain't gonna be getting up anytime soon. He’s kinda dead, he bled out judging from the uh smell in the air.” Pluto whined out sitting down and continued to watch you from the corner of his eye as the information slowly sunk in. Ears flattening against your head as large tears flowed down your face “N-no th-that can't be be tr-true! He s-said he’d pro-pro-protect me fr-fr-from any harm! He can't be dead!” You screamed jumping in front of the canine and shaking your head. Groaning at your words and closing his eyes “Kid he’s gone. You sticking with him just sad let him rest. Just get out here and go home.” Pluto huffed getting up and leaving you alone as you shook with frustration and from the rain that continued to beat down on you. Breathing heavily, you looked to the ground then at your savoir. Moving to his face you have a small look to the top of his nose. (If this is really goodbye, just know that you were the best dog in the world to me.) You thought resting your forehead on his before turning away and walking up the hill the two of you came from to try and head home.