Chapter 5

It was dark cold and wet, breathing felt like fire in your throat and lungs. You didn't know which way was up or down left from right all you knew was that you wanted to get out, as you were whisked away from your birthplace. Breaching the rushing rivers surface you called out for your mother pitifully, hoping she'd jump in at any moment to save you. Falling back under the water you tried holding what little breath you took in, when something big lunged and jumped into the water next to you making you go under more and twist around in the current. Unable to hold your breath any longer you couched wanting to cry out as everything started to burn again as everything went black around you. "Kitten, get up. It's time to wake up your protector is worried about you." A voice whispered in your ear making you slowly open your eyes as the frightening memory of the awful storm faded to the back of your mind. Groaning as you woke up, you turned to look over your shoulder to see Pluto in his hellhound form completely curled up and surrounding you in a newly built dog house. Blinking back the sleep you yawned tiredly slowly getting up onto your shaky legs and waddled over to Pluto's muzzle to look up at the sleeping siver hell hound's face. Rubbing yourself on his muzzle to wake him up. "Hey, what happened? How did we end up here." You mewed waking the huge hound from his somewhat restless sleep and causing him to jump up excitedly. "Kitten! Oh great satan himself your okay!" He barked happily jumping before lunging down to lick you happily. Squealing as you were pushed and rolled away a couple of feet by the enormous tongue, you scrambled to your tiny paws shakily with a very disgusted look on your face as the side where you were licked on stood up wetly. Cringing back before shaking yourself. "Ew, that was gross! Why'd you do that?" You hissed as the hell hound changed into his human form and scooped you up. Grunting as you were pressed against his cheek you swatted and patted at his face. "Hey stap it!" You hissed happily enjoying the playful snuggling and attention. "I thought you drowned in the pond! You were out cold for nearly four hours!" Pluto whined worriedly cradling you in his arms just as the raven haired man from the old ladies shop came in with a small smile on his face. "Ah, I see the sweet little kitten has woken up. Pluto hand her over to me, now." Sebastian said reaching out to you and making the hell hound growl at him before begrudgingly handing you over with an unhappy look on his face. "Damnit I was hoping master would just leave us be after making you better. Kitten I'll get you later if master takes you inside. Or you can come back as soon as your put down." You heard Pluto whine as the butler walked away from the dog house with you in hand. Looking up at the red eyed male you squeaked when he suddenly moved you onto your back to lightly hold your paws lovingly. "Such sweet delicate and soft paws. Your claws are so tiny yet as sharp as a needle." Sebastian cooed squishing your paw pads making them curl and press your claws around his thumb. Looking at the butler uncomfortably you jumped as he again lifted you over his head as the orange and pink shirt started to peek out of the clouds. "Oh you are a very beautiful kitten. But just imagine when your full grown~ beautiful calculating (E/C) eyes slitted and watching the world around you. Shining (Fur/Color) as soft as can be ready to be petted~ Sebastian smiled hugging you close to his face as he pictured your future self when a top window opened loudly. "Damnit Sebastian I told you leave that goddamn cat alone! You know as well as I do I'm allergic to it!" The eye patched boy from the shop yelled angrily looking down at his demon butler from his study. Hearing the disappointment in the raven haired man's voice as he put you down, you glanced at him before strolling away from the wierd master and back to the dog house. Stopping suddenly in you short walk. "Hey I don't feel sick anymore!" You thought happily now running back to Pluto to tell him you were feeling better. Scurrying into the large archway you stopped in your tracks at the large ball of sulking silver fur. Tilting your head you quietly went over to the large hound curiously. "Hey Pluto! What's wrong?" You mewed making the large male turn to you sadly before whining. "Why can master compliment me like that? I'm just as hans- wait you called me by my name!" Pluto barked happily jumping up excitedly as his tail wagged behind him. Confused at his sudden change in behavior you sat down and tilted your head to the other side. "Everyone's been calling you Pluto. Why are you so happy when I call you that?" You mewed licking one if your paws and bringing it over your head to try and get the dried standing fur back down. Laying down with you between his paws as his tail continued to wag lazily. "Its the first time you've called me by my name! I'm just really happy about it (F/N)!" Pluto panted making you look at him in confusion. "What's a (F/N)?" You mewed as Pluto chuckled crossed his paws around you and laying his head down over you happily. "I've decided that'll be your name. Your a member of the Phantomhives now and you deserve one." Pluto yawned happily as you sauntered closer to him and cuddled up next to his chest fur with a small sleepy smile stretched across your face. "(F/N). I like it, it sounds really pretty." You yawned tucking your paws under you and curled your tail around yourself as you rested against the surprisingly soft fur as the two of you drifted off to sleep again.