#1

She stood before the mirror to see her reflection, but she didn't see the woman whom she knows, instead she saw a reflection which the world knew. She threw off the heavy mask which she was wearing and then, she saw a different her, a stranger who was lost years ago.

Her eyes, like they used to shine before, they were not shining anymore.
They were almost dead, lifeless, as if they were tired of seeing this superficial world.

She saw those eyes again. She hit the search on her brain. She recalled everyone she knows. Many people walked on that memory lane, her friends, family and even the strangers she came across that day. And at last,  at the corner of her memory lane, she found a woman at a dark corner.

She found herself.

She wanted to hug her, embrace her, but she knew she couldn't. She disappeared.

She wondered if everyone will feel like her, the same insecurities her eyes feel. They demanded an answer.

She felt to throw of her mask, break her shell forever. She wanted to be herself again one day.

Later, she put her mask on and then moved forward with the same smile she fakes everyday.

____

This is a story inspired from a person whom I know. And I believe that there are many people like her in this world.

Your thoughts on this?