When Diza First Met

LIZA P.O.V.

-------1st day of school-------

I hop on the same, boring bus as always. I can't wait to get my drivers license later. Anyway, I greet the bus driver and look around the bus. Most seats are filled up. The first 4 seats in the back and front are taken, as always considering I'm the last person to be picked up, so I go for a totally open seat in row 8. 

As we start driving I realize we aren't headed toward the school. I nudge the person in the seat ahead of me. She's a snobby-looking Asian girl but I talk to her anyways. 

L: hey, do you know where were headed? I thought I was the last stop? 

She doesn't say anything. I look closer and realize she has ear buds in. "Great.." I mutter to myself.

Just then the bus stopped and I realize were at another stop. A nervous looking kid wearing all black steps on the bus. I see he even has a black cap to top it off.  He looks through the row of seats and quickly puts his head down. I can't help but feel a little bad for the guy. He continues walking past seat 6 and I realize there are no other open seats on the bus.

( N: new kid )

L: hey! 

The kid looks over at me, not really looking at my face.

L: need a seat?

I smile and the kid sits next to me. I scoot over and I get a full view of his face. He has beautiful, dazzling brown eyes and brown, fluffy hair to match. His nose is kinda big, but it looks cute with the rest of his face. I can't help but think he's handsome.

L: hi 

I try my best to make him feel comfortable.

N: uh...hey

L: what's your name?

N: u-uh m-my na-name is David.

( N for new kid now switches to D for David )

L: cool! I'm Liza!

He just smiles

L: so I've never seen you on this bus, let alone my life. You just move here or somethin'? 

He smiles a little

D: yeah I just came here from Chicago about a week ago!

L: wow Chicago! How you liking Houston so far?

D: it's good! I don't know anyone here though, well aside from you!

L: oh, well, I'm pretty popular at school * she blushes* so I could show you around. Help you make some good friends as opposed to the bad ones!

D: I'd like that, especially if I can hang out with you some more. *he gets really nervous and mutters under his breath*  oh my lord I can't believe I just said that!

L: aha its ok! I'm your only friend here right now, I get if you don't wanna be alone! 

He sighs a little

D: yeah, thanks for being so understanding.

We continue to talk some more until we get to school. 

-----DAVID P.O.V.-----

I get up early excited and nervous for my first day of school in Houston. 

I get dressed in a light blue shirt. "Maybe I'll try this color thing. New school, new me" I say to myself. I throw on my black jeans and go in the bathroom. When I go to brush my teeth, I get excited. My hands get a little clammy and I get toothpaste on my shirt. "Oh well, there goes the whole, color thing." I finish brushing my teeth change into a clean, black shirt.

I Check the time. My bus will be here in 10 mins. Its a 5 min walk to the bus stop..... Crap.

I run downstairs and choke down some food then I race out the door.

I finally make it to my stop and in a little early. When I see the bus coming up on the horizon. I suddenly regret wearing all black. "Jeez, its hot in Houston" I mutter to myself. 

As the bus comes up, and the doors swing open, I notice the bus is packed. Like every seat is full of 2 or more people. I step on the bus and walk through the isle. Once I get past row 6, and I start to loose hope. I hear a girls voice.

L: hey!

Was she talking to me? I decided to keep my head down in case she wasn't talking to me.

L: need a seat?

I decide to take it, I'm not sure if I will get another chance at a seat. Once I sit down and look at her, im glad I took it. I instantly get nervous. She was the most beautiful person I'd ever layed eyes on. She had long, brown curly hair and the most stunning brown eyes. Not to mention her smooth mocha skin. 

L: hi

D: uh....hey

I don't know what to say. How do I impress a girl like her?

She asked me my name.

D: u-uh m-my na-name is David 

I manage to stutter out a response. Good going David she's probably getting bored with you!

L: cool! I'm liza

I smile. What a gorgeous name for a gorgeous girl!

My mind goes blank for a moment. Did she just ask me if I moved here? I think she made a joke in there too! I don't know what to do so I smile and work up the courage to say:

D: yeah I just came here from Chicago about a week ago!

I say it a little quick, but at least I didn't stutter!

She acts a little surprised and asked me how I like living here. I tell her that its fun but that I don't know anyone besides her.

L:  oh, well in pretty popular at school-

Her sentence is interrupted by a quick blush. She looks so cute like that! DAVID! SNAP OUT OF IT!

L:- so I would show you around.

I don't even hear he end of her sentence. My heart jumps when I heard her say that! That I could tag-along with her!

D: I'd love to! Especially if I can hang out with you some more. 

I Can't believe i just said that out loud! 

D: good going *I mutter to myself

She seems really understanding though! We continue talking for a while! I'm glad to have made a friend like her.