PROLOGUE

WENDY

It was as if everything was in slow motion.

As I take in all that is here, I have felt what it's like to be actually apart of something.

Everything was wonderful.

It wasn't deafening. It sounded beautifully musical to my ears.

The cries, the noises, and the voices, they were all beautiful.

Before I knew it, he was already seated beside me, taking in as well the little paradise we claim as our own.

I took one last look at the scene before me, then I glanced at the boy whose existence means the world to me; who had seen the other sides of me.

"I know I'm good looking, you can stop drooling now."

Ah, same old jerk.

"Have I ever told you how much---"

"What do you think?", he said as he gave me smug look, an eyebrow raised.

Still a jerk.

After a few seconds of silence, I finally spoke.

Without looking at him, I trailed off. "I have a question. I've been thinking about it lately" I took a sideward glance at my notes.

At most times, I would feel bored as if nothing matters. Unknowingly I would start to look for my favorite pen and paper. Only then would I realise the whole page is full of scribbled letters and words when he would draw on the unwritten part of the page.

He just loves to draw eyes.

The writings of mine are the things my words cannot ever express.

My observations.

He blinked in the most retarded way as possible as a response, as I've observed.

I'm not even gonna ask.

"For once," I started, "have you ever felt the slightest urge to share some of that knowledge in your head?"

He kept silent for a few seconds, then faced me with his ever so unreadable facade-- scratch that, he looked as tired as a sleep-deprived person, seemingly done with all the shits Life gave him.

"Can you not?" I huffed.

"Why does it matter so much?" He silently muster, as if he was whispering. Was he asking me, or himself?

"Does it matter so much? Why does it matter so much?", I asked myself.

Damn literature.

This is the part where words fail me.

He kept a straight face. He then stood up from his seat. Sighing, he leaned over, placing one of his hands on my shoulder, looking straight into my eyes.

Not again.

"Regardless of whether it does or not, I won't care. I am never and alone, for you are here." He said as he patted my head softly. With a small smile plastered on his face, he continued, "They are merely a bunch of humans. But you're also a human. We're all human. They're just lost, lost in this paradise we claim as our own."

Well damn.

He finally broke contact, and fixated his eyes out the window near to us.

"I need not to say the obvious, same goes with you. Bis später , Fraulein Wendy." He then strode towards the door.

He just left.

Jerk didn't even bid goodbye. Classic, Isaiah. Very classic.

I was then left in this jungle alone with a bunch of wild animals, seemingly invisible.

Left with no other choice, I went back to what I was supposedly doing.

Onlooking.

•••
Heeeeeey~ I'm back! Thank you for reading this shi---chapter. I think I'll be editing this. In a few days.

I don't know what to say anymore. I have a few more hours till I leave for practice, so I decided to write this chapter. About time too, hehe.

Sooooo, yeah.

This is getting too long, I'll stop now.

Danke! :)

(Also I'm not German, I'm Frenchy.)

-- ByePoleR --
•••