CHAPTER 1

WENDY

17:44
Mellow District.
Sierra Harper Apartment Hotel.
Elevator.

"Don't forget to send me the vid--"

"You really enjoy seeing me suffer so much, eh?"

"You know I'm always up for some high quality entertainment."

"HA-HA. No, I didn't know about that."

"B-b-but, DON'T YOU--"

"Love me? Why, I love myself, too."

"I'm sobbing right now, Kindle."

"Awww, how dramatic that must be."

"You're in so much trouble, I tell you."

"Bicker all you want, Fermin. I'm out, Byeee~"

"Whatever, woman."

Before this turns into a 1-hour drama, I ended our call. I'm not up for some of his endless babblings right now. It would be better if we argue personally after today. I just want to end this day quickly.

Also, it's because random elevator people are starting to hate me.

As soon as the elevator door opens, I went out and race walked to our apartment without paying any glances to the people whom I just rode the elevator with. The whole ride, I felt they're glares behind my back.

I mean, who wouldn't possibly get annoyed at a 14-year old student having a conversation with a seemingly 15-year old psycho-friend over the phone? Take note of how loud their voices were.

Sometimes, I wonder why I even have these kinds of conversation with him. He's the epitome of mischief, stupidity, and madness.

Glancing at my watch, I realized I only have a few minutes left before my family comes back home from whatever business they're dealing with. And I haven't reached our apartment yet.

I started to run to our flat, and I finally reached it with time to spare. That was close. As I was about to open the door with my keys, I heard a faint sound coming from inside.