P A R T O N E

Breaking Emotions

"Hinata!" Bokuto shouted as the sun had just peeked over the horizon, shining a warm ocean orange light on the sleeping quartz. Hinata stirred, his eyes opening slowly.

It took a moment for Hinata to realize but he felt a weight on the end of his bed, glancing up to see Kenma at the end of his bed. The gem was on the phone Hinata had got him, playing a game.

"Uh, Kenma?" Hinata asked as he sat up, rubbing his eyes tiredly as the morning set itself within the household.

"Good morning, Shōyō," Kenma whispered quietly. A hand rested itself on Kenma's shoulder and Kuroo leaned down towards the bed with that well-known grin of his, "How is our favorite little human~?"

Bokuto hoped onto the bed beside Hinata, snickering excitedly, "He's doing rather swell I bet!" The male said with a wide smile, those owl eyes focusing on the cat-like ones across from him. Hinata gave Kuroo a bright nod, agreeing with the jasper next to him.

"Well, Kenma finally decided to help you do some training," Kuroo said as he rubbed Kenma's shoulder with his thumb gently.

Kenma made a soft little sound to show that he had heard what Kuroo said. This excited Hinata, the ginger leaping to his feet and nodding excitedly, "ReALLY?!" Hinata was now standing on his bed.

Kenma nodded towards Hinata's general excitement, using the bouncing of the bed to help boost him to his feet. He put the phone down and walked towards the door of the home, "Let's do this quick, I'd like to lay down some more..." He mumbled under his breath. The other three followed after their companion.

"Kenma, we don't have time to rest after helping Hinata today," Kuroo advised his friend, "We do have things to get done today besides this..."

"So? Kenma can rest while you to fuse!" Bokuto suggested with a bright smile. He leaned down and whispered into Hinata's ear, "But its not like they fuse enough already," he teased.

Hinata chuckled at Bokuto's comment but he kept quiet, tuning into the two cat-like gems argue.

"Why? We do stuff every day..." Kenma complained, the response making Kuroo groan.

"Kenma! Its our job!" He told Kenma as he looked towards the sandy beach. Kenma stopped, turning to face Hinata.

Bokuto stepped aside, along with Kuroo. The two smallest stood before one another. Hinata, a look of awe and excitement shining in his brown eyes. Kenma looked tired and bored, his golden eyes dull. In fact, Kenma's eyes looked non-existent due to Hinata's bright eyes.

"Take out your weapon," Kenma stated flatly, pulling a brown and gold katar from the gemstone in his chest.

Everyone was taken aback by the comment, Kuroo speaking up, "Kenma! He doesn't know how! Thats the point of this!"

Hinata stepped back as Kenma covered half his face with his small little weapon, "Uh, yeah Kenma..."

"He does know how, but he can't," Kenma breathed out softly, "All gems know how to form their weapon from birth."

"Yeah, but, Kenma, Hinata is..." Bokuto didn't want to say the word, he knew Hinata didn't like that kind of talk.

"A crystal gem," Kenma said, his body suddenly propelling towards Hinata, the tangerine quartz leaping towards the ground.

"KENMA!" The three shouted in unison, Bokuto and Kuroo in their battle stance.

"I- uh, Kenma I don't know how!" Hinata shouted towards his friend. Those calm and focused golden eyes locked on Hinata.

"Shōyō," Kenma breathed out, his eyes focusing on Kuroo and Bokuto as well, "The most significant feature of the human race are their emotions, that is what fuels decisions and it plays a big role in how you live your life," he told the group quietly. He lifted his head, "Gems are like machines, programmed and forced to do one task. We don't have the right of emotions."

The three stared at Kenma with a confused look, all their eyes focused on the gem before the. Kuroo approached him, looking down at his friend, "Kenma..."

"Kuro," Kenma said softly, looking up at Kuroo with a quiet look, "Fight me."

Kuroo furrowed his brows, "No, why do you want me to?" He asked him, his body tensing at the request.

"We need to show Shōyō what gems are compared to humans," Kenma whispered softly, taking a few steps back from his companion. His eyes narrowed as he stood their, his golden katar covering his mouth. Kuroo shook his head, muttering to himself as he conjured his sheild from his gem.

The two stood, ready to move. Everyone was waiting for someone to move first, Bokuto and Hinata settling their bets on Kenma. Much to their surprise, Kenma bolted forward with Kuroo barely being able to shield himself from  the attack. Kenma was surely quick but Kuroo was one hell of a blocker.

"Hit me, Kuro!" The tiger's eye shouted, springing into the air and letting his weapon sink into the sand behind Kuroo. The onyx was hesitant but he moved, spikes ready as he directed them towards the gem that flew towards him with crazy speed. Within seconds their was a swish that was followed by a cloud, a small tuff seeming to echo in the three gems' heads as the gem of Kenma landed on the ground. Kuroo looked at the gem, putting his weapon away as he gently picked up the gem, "Of course..."

"Well, we'll see him in about a week... or a month," Bokuto said as he stood up, looking down at Hinata who's eyes were all watery, "Whoa whoa, don't cry Kenma's fine!"

Hinata sniffed, looking at the gem that was nestled in Kuroo's hands, "B-But-"

"His body encountered to much structural damage, the gem is giving him time to regenerate..." Kuroo whispered as he held onto the gem. He groaned, approaching Hinata, "He's just being lazy!" He shouted bitterly, eyes narrowing on the gem.

Bokuto looked at Kuroo quietly, "Hey, bro, calm down.." He began, but he was silenced by the sharp breath Kuroo gave.

"While Bo and I do our work, I'd like you to care for Kenma's gem," Kuroo said, handing the gem to Hinata who gently took the golden and brown gemstone. He held it to his chest gently, seeming determined to carry out his given task.  Kuroo immediately walked back towards the portal, "Let's go Bo."

Bokuto watched Kuroo leave, sighing heavily. He crouched down in front of Hinata, gently patting his head, "Kenma will be fine, don't worry about him. Just play games and watch movies with him, okay?"

Hinata gave Bokuto a small smile, "Okay..."

"Sweet," Bokuto said with a happy smile, rising to his feet. He ran after Kuroo, waving goodbye to Hinata ran off.

Hinata watched the two gems leave, his eyes traveling down to Kenma. Or at least Kenma's gemstone. He gave the gem a warm smile before walking back towards the house, "We'll have so much fun together Kenma! Just you and me! We'll play games, I'll take you to the Big Donut to!"

And with that, the quartz and tiger's eye began their own adventure while the jasper and onyx... They started something far more dangerous.

----

an: bleh, now that thats done!

hello, hope you enjoyed chapter one i plan on introducing a certain character next fuhuhuhu

probably easy to guess though. anyway, next chapter will probably be out soon!