Chapter 3: The childrem

Chapter 3

As soon as Emily put her foot into the garden of shadows, she knew it was a mistake. She felt it in her tiny body. She knew that she wouldn't be able to return home.

She was going to die.

In the trees it was gaming skeleton from children who came here before her. Their shadows are bound to the garden. For all eternity.

But Emily isn't scared. She's excited. She wants to be scared she wants to flee. But she can't.

The song is stuck in her brain.

The man and the woman are smiling insane smiles as the lead her deeper into the garden. They are the worst of demons.

Because... They are demoms, right?

Does anyone even know who they are? The only thing Emily can rembwe is that ever since she was born she was thought to never ever be left alone. Because there was someone out there, snatching the children, but no one ever knew who it was. Emily know now, but she can't tell anyone, she will die tonight.

Outside the cabin there's a fire and on too of it, there's a lot with boiling water.

"Hush little child, it will be over soon, jump in the pot take a bath, like a good little girl", the woman start singing another lullaby. Emily doesn't want to obay, but she doesn't have a choice. "Hush little child, it will be over soon, jump in the pot take a bath, like a good little girl".

Emily is carried by the man. She looks him into his eyes, looking at his face. What an insane face, the face of a lunatic, and still, she is not scared.

"Am I going to die now?" She asks.

"Why yes little girl", the man answers. "Isn't that exciting?"

"I don't know, is it?"

"Very exciting", the woman says. "And I'm very hungry so you will have to hurry up.

They're going to eat Emily. She wasn't expecting that but she doesn't care.

"Okay", she simply says and the man throws her into the boiling water.

The hypnosis wears off in the water and Emily starts screaming. She can feel the pain, her burning and melting skin. She can feel herself boiling in the water and her screams could turn anyones hair white.

The man and the woman loves hearing her screams. They're swaying back and forth with big big smiles, waiting for the little girl to finish cooking in the stove.

Hearing children's screams is the most wonderful thing in their world. And the very good thing is that they can snatch any child they want, the fat once, the bony, the happy, the sad, the curious, the cocky, and like little Emily here, the good once. Even the good once can't resist the man and the woman.

Now, no one may ever know who this man and the woman are. They will continue their terror for eternity, they will snatch kids from theirs beds, and no one can stop them.

Why?

Because it's magic.

Dark magic.

Delicious.