Chapter 2

LEAVE ME ALONE

I walk into my English class early and I don't see Sadie, which is odd because if she's absent, she let's me know before school. I really hoped that she didn't skip school with Romeo.

I sit down at my seat, and Mr. Havens walks in and says that we have an assignment and that we'll be put in groups. This sucks because Sadie isn't here.

Out of all the days, he chooses the day she isn't here.

Everyone immediately got up from their desks and chose their partner.

I'm left alone.

and so is Finn.

I didn't want to sit next to him. I was a little pissed off at him because he completely embarrassed me yesterday by ignoring me.

Mr. Havens notices that we don't have partners and he quickly starts walking towards my direction.

"Hey, Millie," he says with a voice of pity, as if he felt bad that I had to work with Finn. "You don't mind that you partner up with Finn, right?"

I wanted to say no but I just shrugged and nodded.

I turned to Finn and he was glaring at me.
Oh, he sure does have some pretty brown eyes.
And I love the way his shaggy hair has a little curl at every tip. I wonder what it's like to run my fingers through his hair and-

"Millie?"

"Huh?" I say, snapping out of my thoughts.

"I said you can go take a seat with Finn, I'll bring you both your assignment." He says and forces a smile.

"Thanks.."

I get up, grabbing my book bag and notebook and begin walking slowly towards Finn.

I notice how he looks me up and down, and that makes me very, very self conscious.

The task was to ask as many questions you know about Shakespeare, to prepare ourselves for the short pop quiz we were going to be given about him.

"Should I go first?" I ask shyly.

He completely and purposely ignored me. I know damn well he heard me.

"Finn," I snap, sounding already irritated.

"What?" He snaps his head towards me, our faces only inches apart. His face turns into a look of exasperation.

What is his problem, seriously?

"Um- you have to participate in the activity." I hiss.

"I don't have to if I don't want to," He rolls his eyes and looks away.

He then turns his head back to me, his face facing mine once more. "I don't have to do anything. I don't have to talk to you, and I don't want to talk to you, so stop trying to talk to me and stop trying to be my friend. I don't want to be your friend. I don't want anything to do with you. I'd rather take a fucking 'F' on this quiz than communicate with you."

My heart suddenly dropped to the pit of my stomach. As much as I tried to hold it in, the pain came out like an uproar from my throat in the form of a silent scream. I didn't like people seeing me cry. The words he just spoke hurt me, and made my heart shatter to pieces that can't be picked up and put back together. I hated crying in front of people.

"What the hell is your problem?" I squeaked, biting my lip.

I'm not sensitive, really I'm not. I've just been going through some stuff right now, with Sadie and all. I'm just so frustrated and I bursted out at the wrong time.

I notice how Finn's face completely softened into a look of pity and regret. I didn't care, I got up and left the classroom.

I walked down the empty halls, wiping off my tears. I wish Sadie was here to comfort me, she always made me feel better at the worse times in my life, and right now was the time I needed her the most.

Just as I was about to enter the girls bathroom, I feel someone grab my arm. I figured it was the teacher, or the principal- anyone besides Finn. But I was wrong.

"I'm sorry," he says with a complete look of guilt and sorrow. "I didn't mean to make you cry, please don't cry."

I tried to walk away but his grip only tightened, and his hand slowly went down my arm, grabbing my hand.

"I have issues, okay?" He says in a serious tone, but soft. "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, really, I didn't."

Here I am in the hallway, holding hands with this beautiful, but mean boy. I don't know if I like him or not.

"Just please, leave me alone. I'm going through some things right now and I just choose to be alone." He says brushing back a piece of my hair to my ear.

I sniffle, still wiping my tears.

His thumb is now placed on my red cheek, wiping off my tears.

"I'm really sorry."

But before I could say anything, Mr. Havens started rushing towards us.

"You both don't just leave my classroom without permission." He says strictly. He sounded very mad, and it's rare when he's mad. "Detention, both of you. I don't want this to ever happen again."

-

I haven't seen Sadie all day. She wasn't even answering my calls, or even replying back to my messages. I didn't even see Romehoe sitting with his lacrosse team during lunch. I got really worried so I asked a few of his friends where he was at.

"He ditched with lil red."

"Yeah, he took her to his place."

Oh no.

"It's not what you think Millie."

I just scoffed at them and walked away.

"Ay Millie, maybe I can take you to my place sometime?" I hear from behind.

I can't believe Sadie let Romeo use her. I can't believe she let him get between her and school.

Speaking of school- I have detention today.

With Finn...

-

hey guys, sorry i took so long to update. but here i am lol.

anywho, i hoped you all enjoyed this short chapter. please let me know if you're enjoying this book by dropping down some comments and letting me know what you think so far. your comments really motivate me!
don't forget to vote!