Chapter 3

YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANTED

After sixth period was over, I walked over to Mr. Havens' class, already dreading to return to English class.

As I was walking, I see Mr. Havens just about to unlock his classroom door.
He clears his throat. "Miss Brown."
I didn't say anything, I just looked down at my white converse and hummed in response.

As he opens the door, I ask him about Finn. "What's wrong with him? Why can't you just tell me so I can stop bothering him?" I asked with a slight sigh.

"It's personal Millie. I'm not allowed to tell you, you ask him yourself." He says as he leaves the classroom door open, setting down the door holder.

He sighs, and before he could say anything else, Finn arrives to class.

"Mister Wolfhard.."

As always, Finn doesn't say anything.
Does this kid ignore everyone?

Finn does nothing but looks towards the very far right of the classroom, where I was. I look away, trying not make eye contact.

Mr. Havens takes a glance at the both of us "I need to turn in some papers to the attendance office and make some copies, I'll be back in about 10 minutes."

Finn nodded his head in response, assuring the teacher that he heard what he said.

Then off he went, leaving me and Finn alone.

I watch as Finn purposely sat far away from me, though he kept his brown eyes locked on mines.

I roll my eyes.

What was Mr. Havens going to tell me anyways? Was he going to tell me what's wrong with Finn? Why did Finn have to walk in so early? Why did I want this boy so bad? Why did he stand out from the rest of the guys at school? Why was he playing so hard to get?

I never felt so curious about someone, I wanted to know what was wrong with him.

Maybe I can get him to talk, he can't leave since it's detention. I need to know what's wrong with him.

I get up from my desk, leaving my stuff where it's at, and started walking towards him in confidence.

I watch as he looks me up and down, and ugh I hated that.

He sits up and gave me that familiar look of annoyance. He narrows his eyes.

"Finn, listen...I," I soften my voice a bit.

"We can't talk in detention."

"I know that, but-"

He cuts me off again.

"What the hell did I just say? He snaps.

It felt as if my heart got stabbed by a knife. What the hell is his problem? Im starting to come to a realization that this guy is bipolar as fuck. First minute he's ignoring me, the next he's cursing at me, and then he apologizes to me.