CHAPTER 2

****************************

CHAPTER 2

“Hello girls, is it okay if we joined you?”

My friends and I sat there, frozen in place as the question hanged in the air. There was just really something off about this situation. I never expected that we’d actually come face to face with them at this place.

How were you supposed to react when four boys who you just watched perform on stage and strip suddenly talk to you? Well, some would definitely flip and can’t believe their luck, but that isn’t the case with my friends and I.  

You see, all of us have been going to the same school all throughout high school, but we’ve never actually spoken to each other. It was just always the occasional glances in the hallways, and despite their popularity in school, I only know little about them.

They stood there; out of place and clearly not knowing what to do as we continued to stare at them. “Uhh… So do you mind if we joined you?” The same guy asked us again, and this time we finally snapped back into reality.

Marie smiled at them and spoke in our behalf. “Of course not. We would love for you to join us.” Then she suddenly kicked my leg under the table and made me jump in surprise. I glared at her as she beckoned me to sit beside her along with the other girls, giving The Wanderers the whole seat opposite to us.

Once they were settled, the same guy spoke again. “Hello, lovely ladies. It’s a pleasure seeing you here,” he said cheerfully. Too cheerful if I might say. “Did you finally take the time to watch us perform?” He wiggled his eyebrows and winked. “I knew you would fall for us soon enough,” he said with a seductive smirk on his face. The boys, however, just sighed and rolled their eyes.

I looked at him if he was serious, and when I saw that he was, I bit my lip to keep from laughing out loud. The thought was hilarious, how did he end up with that idea anyway? Unfortunately, my friends were less subtle with their reactions and broke out in laughter.

“Sorry to burst your little bubble, but that’s not the reason we’re here,” Hazel stated out. “It’s not even close to it, actually.” He blinked at what she just said and frowned like a little kid that lost his candy, causing all of us to laugh even more.

He pouted his lips and laid a hand on his chest, pretending to be hurt. “Oh, and here I thought you’d actually fallen for our charms,” he said dejectedly.  I recognized him as the drummer of the band. He had one of those amazing smiles that come along with a set of dimples and I could see a mop of curly blond hair pouring out from his hat. There was also something quirky about the guy that makes you want to get to know him better. “Anyway, my name’s Matt. In case you forgot,” he said playfully.

The guy from his right who plays guitar and has weird hair color spoke next.”Hey, I’m Drake. Nice to finally meet you.” He smiled warmly at us and gave each of us a handshake. His hands were warm to the touch and his hair reminded me of cotton candy. I instantly liked the guy. “And don’t mind him, he’s just being his cocky self,” he said, shoving Matt on the shoulder.

“Hey! Who you calling cocky!” He snapped at Drake and shoved him back until the both of them got caught up in a playful argument. They continued their rant until one of the boys shut them up.

“Sorry about that. It happens a lot.” The bassist of the group spoke up. “I’m Jace, by the way.” He was as stunning as the other boys, but something about his features made him stand out. It was definitely his hair and eyes that made him look like his Asian. Although, he was also the one with the most amazing biceps among the group, that’s definitely a plus.