CHAPTER 4

*********************************

Chapter 4

When morning came, I could practically hear the silent anguished screams of every student in the whole world as they break away from the comforts of their own bed.  Just to face the most dreadful day of the week known to man in which is commonly called... Monday.

To make matters worse, I only got a few hours of sleep since we came home late last night. And don't even get me started last night or else I'll just freak.

Anyway, it's not just any typical Monday because it also happens to be my first day as a Senior. I know I should feel excited and ecstatic about it because we will finally be the superior ones in school and inherit the throne as the kings and queens and yada yada yada. You get the point.

But that means nothing to me because  I know that I'll oficially hate this day. Not because it's Monday or the fact that a lot of things happened last night that no one in my family knew about.

No, it's all because of a certain guy  who's currently killing my eardrums by singing along to All Time Low while driving me to school. Yep, it's no other than my idiot brother, Andrew.

I watched as he bobs his head up and down and continues to sing in a way that would make a pro wrestler cry. "Jeez, Andrew. You sound like a dying whale. Or the reason why a whale dies in the first place," I snapped.

He just laughs and turned the music down a bit. "What's got you in a extra pissy mood today?"

I looked away and stared outside the window instead.

He regards my silence and I could practically hear him smirking. "Oh, I see. You're just sad that I won't be in school with you anymore."

"Pfft, of course not. What made you think that?" I snorted and let out a shaky laugh. Even though he was actually right.

The next thing I know is that we're already parked in front of my school and the sick feeling inside me only became worse.

Andrew sighs and turns me around to hug me tight. "Ally, it's okay. I'll always be here for you. Even if I'll be miles away in college, all you have to do is call and I'll take the next flight and come running to you." His voice is so soft and sincere that it makes me tear up.

"I'm going to miss you so much," I choke on the last word and sniff. Even if he was the most annoying person I know, he'll always be the best brother anyone would be lucky to have.

And that makes me really lucky.

He kisses my forehead and hugs me tighter. "I'm gonna miss you, too sis."

When we finally broke our embrace, I turned around and opened the car door. But he called me one last time and as I turned to look at him, his face was serious. Uh-oh.

"Please promise me you'll stay away from Wilde," he said. His eyes held a hard look and his hands were gripping the wheel tightly.

I gulped and tried not to panic. He didn't know what happened last night so it was just him being an overly protective brother reminding me to stay away from the bad guys.

I let out a half-hearted laugh and looked anywhere but his eyes. "Of course."

"Alice." I winced as he called my full name and that made me look him. He only does that when his deadly serious. "Promise me."

"I promise."

********************************

I walked towards my locker and rolled my eyes at the cat calls the guys were giving me along with the sneers of desparate girls in their slutty outfits and clown-inspired make ups.