Chapter 11- Corsair Ships

Chapter 11- The Corsair Ships

-Rayel's POV-

Trust me, when Aragorn decided that we were to meet the fleet of Corsair Ships at harbor, I knew my brother was insane. There were so many of them and so few of us... but then again, we had an Army of the Dead on our side, so that had to count as something.

So here we stood along the shoreline of a burning village, side by side and waiting to be taken out by pirates. The river was dark and cloudy, debris floated across the surface of the water, and every second, the fleet grew closer.

I shifted nervously, digging my boot into the grimy beach.  This was suicide, I thought in agony. We would be dead before we ever reached Gondor.

My brother elbowed me and smiled reassuringly. "We'll be fine."

"I hope you're right, Aragorn," Gimli muttered.

"Please don't get us killed," I pleaded softly.

Legolas chuckled softly, shaking his head.

I looked up at him and glared. "This is no laughing matter, your Highness."

He smiled softly, "Amin mela lye, Rayel," he whispered, his lips tickling my ear.

I blushed deeply, hoping that the Ghost King and his Army didn't see. "I love you too," I replied.

"Oh, confound it!" Gimli grumbled in exasperation. "Would you two stop with all this petty romance? Save it for when the battle is over and Middle Earth is free of these wretched orcs."

Aragorn chuckled. "I agree with the Dwarf."

Black smoke clouded the mid-day sun and contrasted against the rolling green hills. The Corsair ships glided right toward us, the men onboard leaning over the side to see what was going on. Or more importantly, who was stupid enough to stay within an arrow shot of their armada.

"You may go no further," my brother's voice thundered across the Anduin with authority. "You will not enter Gondor."

The men on the ships laughed and jeered.

"Who are you to deny us passage?" the Captain onboard the nearest vessel demanded.

"Legolas," my brother ordered flatly. "Fire a warning shot past the bosun's ear."

Legolas wordlessly nocked an arrow to his bow and pulled back the string.

"Mind your aim," Gimli whispered.

But at the last possible moment, the Dwarf knocked the handle of his ax into the neck of Legolas' bow, sending the arrow flying into the first man's stomach.

"Oh!" the Dwarf exclaimed, covering his mouth with a gloved hand.

"Gimli!" I snapped, turning to the Dwarf disapprovingly.

"That's it, right!" Gimli yelled to the fleet. "We warned you. Prepare to be boarded."

"Boarded?" the Captain demanded. "By you and whose army?"

"This Army," my brother answered cooly.

With a roar, the Ghost King and his army charged out of the mountain and across the glassy water, right into the ships. I felt the cool, damp Dead whoosh through me as they stormed forward. I cringed at the uneasy feeling that followed. The crew onboard yelled and screamed, swinging their weapons around aimlessly, only to be silenced by the cool, vapor swords.

-Brendawyn's POV-

I rode beside Éomer in all haste, cantering down the rocky slopes along the Anduin River. Behind us rode a young man, baring the banner of Rohan; he was a strong worrier, but he hadn't seen enough winters.