Prequel

It was calm. Almost too calm. My body was still and silent but I couldn't help it. I could feel the wind tug at my clothes and my hair brush my face.

My eyes stayed shut, laying on the ground next to her was blissful. Comforting even. Though In such a scary place I found bliss.

My mind didn't know now but my heart did. I craved it. I needed it so much my body couldn't function long without it and now I'm here on shut down.

I craved him.

Until I hear the sweet angelic tone rip through my skull like a thousand knives. The word I needed him to say for so long.

"Fifi"

My eyes ripped open at the sound of it. It could have been my mind playing tricks on me but I was willing to do anything to hear his voice again.

God knows how long it's been since I heard his voice. Maybe a week, maybe a month. Maybe even a year. But I knew I had waited long enough.

To my pure fortune I looked to see El wide awake next to me. In a daze as much as I was. I looked to my surroundings feeling familiar with the place but not quite putting my finger on it.

I was exhausted. As much as she was. But I'm ready to face the new world.

A purple sparkling hole lay on the wall and me and El were cautious to approach it. But it could be a way out.

And it was a risk we were willing to take.

Both of our hands clawed through the slime trying to find an end. We did.

I'm coming Dustin. Please wait for me.