The Mind Flayer

It was the second that I stepped into Hawkins lab did a distress alarm run through the building. I wasn't so sure if it was caused by me but I'm pretty sure it wasn't.

I watched as most of the lights shut off and the screams of terror ran through the halls on each level. All I could think of though was that my dad could be in danger upstairs and I wasn't having it.

As I trudged through the unknown hallways it felt like a endless maze. Gunshots ran the halls upstairs as a few people ran by me barely acknowledging my existence. Only thinking of survival.

The sad part was I walked by more dead bodies than alive ones. I looked at one of the bodies and noticed they had their stomach ripped out with its organs spilling out.

They let something out didn't they?

The familiar screech of the demogorgan ran through different hallways and I came to realise their were several of them.

"Fuck" I muttered under my breath as I knew how hard it would be with just me against all of them. Just as I reached the stairs I noticed the gunshots had stopped along with the screams.

Was everyone dead or gone?

I just hopped they had gotten out or are hiding at least. I picked up a rusty pipe from the floor and held it out in front. I had never used any type of weapon with my life. But I couldn't use mind control to get my way out of here.

Once I heard the patter of feet make a run towards my direction I ended up swinging the pipe until I felt it hit something forcefully. I looked to see I managed to kill one of those things.

"Ok, you got this stop worrying" I managed to prep talk myself as I walked down the hallways further. I noticed that the blood had dried in on my cheeks but I didn't bother to clean it off.

Once I was on the third floor I noticed it was a lot less dangerous than the others. I waited until their was any sign of life before checking the rooms. This was so much harder since El wasn't here. I never done any of this by myself.

I managed to hear the running in time as I swung the bat around and hit the thing twice to make sure it was dead.

"Hello?" I heard a voice say from the door beside me. I didn't recognise it so I didn't know who it was exactly.

"Yeah who are you?" I say back. They didn't open the door which was probably safe for them anyway. I could manage myself fine out in the hallway.

"Edith?" I hear Hopper say behind the door. I finally brought all my attention to the wooden door.

"Dad?" I say. I look down both ends of the hallway before walking over to open the door. Once I had swung the door open, I was crushed into arms immediately.

"What are you doing here?" He says once he lets go. I look around to see Mike looking wise eyed at me along with Joyce. An unconscious Will was layed out on the table and 2 unknown men sat in the room.

"Saving your ass" I chuckle as he chuckles with me. I immediately walk over to Mike as he pulls me into an embrace.

"Jesus I missed you" He chuckles as I smile at him. Joyce also wraps me in her arms while kissing my forehead asking if I was ok.

Once I let go I walked over to Will and pulled open his eye lids to look into his eyes. They were normal. I needed to see what was in there.

"May I?" I turn to Joyce and she manages to nod at me. I grab a hold of Will's hand and fully focus on getting into his head.

I never had the struggle of getting into someone's head. But something was pushing me. The harder I fought against whatever it was the more blood poured from my eyes.