2 - Never Forget Me.

"Clothes?"

"Check!"

"Shoes?"

"Check."

"Blankets and pillows?"

"Check."

"Toothbrush?"

"Yup, Dad ... we went over this list a hundred times." I grumbled, falling backwards onto the couch out of exhaustion. But he ignored me and continued listing the things off from the checklist. Jeez, I didn't think he would make such a big deal out of this.

After failing two years in a row to get into Fiore High School, the top school in Fiore, this year I was finally accepted and was offered a dorm room on campus. The only problem is that the school is miles and miles away from my house, which is where most of my fathers concern is coming from.

"Lucy, I feel like you're missing something." My father muttered, rubbing his chin in thought. He continued to scan through the boxes once more before letting out a very loud and frustrated sigh. "Lucy! I can feel it in my gut. There's something missing!"

But I just disregarded all his mumbling and complaining and checked the time, sheesh, an hour until the moving truck arrives to take my boxes over to my new school. That seems so long but at the same time, it feels too soon. Too soon for me to leave my house, to leave my parents. Though I couldn't help but feel nervous, my arms feeling paralyzed and my brain was a bit fuzzy. So I pushed myself up from the couch and rushed into the kitchen, ignoring the multiple times I stumbled and nearly tripped over something.

I hurled open the fridge and started rearranging everything, starting from the ; ketchup , mayonnaise , milk , juice and last nights leftovers. Agh! Everything is out of place, everything isn't where it's supposed to be.

"Lucy? Are you rearranging the fridge again?"

"The juice is supposed to be next to the milk ... not the condiments ...." I began rambling off, my finger tips getting numb with every touch. My breathing started to become unsteady and my chest felt heavy with every pump. It's not right. Everything's wrong.

"Lucy ..." my Father shook my shoulder a bit, breaking me out of my long train of thoughts.

I looked up at him, feeling petrified to even say anything. But I just covered my face with my hands and sighed, realizing it happened again. It happens a lot whenever I get nervous or feel anxiety. I just, I don't know, I start organizing things around and rearranging it or I start cleaning. Everything just feels wrong all the time.

"Come on, why don't I make us my famous sandwich before you leave?"

I looked up at my dad and grinned softly, "Yeah ... that sounds good."

------------

"Dadddd! Don't embarrass me!" I screamed as he kept planting loud and exaggerated kisses on my forehead goodbye. But he didn't listen and continued to cry about me being so grown up. Although I didn't try to pry him off, I'm gonna miss him just as much.

After about 15 minutes of him crying and trying to persuade me into staying, he finally smiled and let me get into the car. Before I drove off, he stuck his head through the window, "I love you Lucy."

"Dad .... you know I hate goodbyes ...."

"I know I know. I just .... I want you to make friends while you're there."

"I will Dad. Hopefully ..."

"Oh sweetie, don't talk like that." he ruffled my hair in an attempt to cheer me up. "I'm sure when you get there, you'll find tons of new friends."