Imposter - <Chapter One>

Warning; any of the events used in this book are all FICTIONAL. None of these events are real and I hope you can acknowledge that. If you can relate to this chapter please also be aware that I had no intentions of hurting you in anyway and apologize deeply. Everything is originally thought of by the Author; ItsKeke_ herself. You have been informed. Enjoy the chapter 🙂

-

I couldn't say I had remembered much of my past. I knew that I was just like any other naive teenager. A teenager who wanted to help their pothead of a mother pay the bills. A teenager who thought that if she gave her mother what she wanted that everything bad in their lives would be good again.

That she would wake up and smell pancakes for once instead of one of her mother's burnt out cigarettes. Or she would close her eyes and be comforted by her warm hugs instead of being pushed to the ground and told that I wasn't going live up to anything but the same dirt my father had hit when he left.

I was so naive that I told myself that I was doing this for her. That no matter how much blood had dripped, no matter how many tears had shed, I was going to get my loving mother back. And it took 3 years of abuse, 3 years of me being insecure about myself to see my mother's true colors. That this woman never really loved me. That this woman was far from gone..and she was never coming back. All that woman loved was the fact that I was so easy to manipulate.

Thinking back to such things, I watched as the bathtub's faucet dripped. My hair was a wet tangled mess that laid to middle of my back and my knees were pushed up against my scarred naked body. I hadn't planned on getting out anytime soon today.

My objective was done. All the money in his bank account was gone. Not one trace back to my name either. It made Bruce happy. One person who had my back through it all.

After all the chaos with my mother, at the age of nineteen, I had decided to pull up my big girl panties and do what was best and leave her with nothing but the clothes on my back.

Did she care? No.

Do I regret leaving her? No.

At the time I had rather become a bum on the streets then have men breathing down my neck as they torn what was left of my clothing.

And that's what had happened. I lived on the streets for almost five months trying to fend for myself. It was tough until Bruce had found me. He took me in, fed me, made sure I had the proper necessities to get by.

Why did he do what he did it? I hadn't known.

But did I care? No..

I was looking out for my needs and what I had to do to survive.

He later told me that I couldn't be taking his kindness for granted and offered me a job. When I had asked him what I would be doing, he told me that all I had to do was dress up and look pretty. Someone that no one could resist.

This had confused me.

He told me that I would be one of his Imposters. I would have to dress up and try to manipulate one of my objectives to the point where they trusted me enough to hold their secrets. From then I would tell his team whatever important information I had. Of course I couldn't use my real name. So I was given one each time.

After that, I got my cut of the money and Bruce had his. It was as simple as that.

Did I enjoy it? Not one bit.

However, like I said, I had to look out for my needs. And what I needed was money for food, clothes.

I guess you could call it being selfish.

~

Thanks For Reading!

Sorry if it seemed short for most of you but I just wanted for you all to see the depths of her life.

Also, I want to apologize for not including any dialogue in this short chapter. I think as I go, and I can't guarantee that there will be dialogue in the next chapter but I'll try.

If you guys are confused or wondering why the Teaser to this doesn't match up with the Chapter, it's because the Teaser also shows a short part to the story which will be revealed in more Chapters as the book goes along.

Once again if you guys want me to continue this book, please let me know by voting. It really helps to see that you like it 🤗

The offer for those who make Covers still stands..ahem 🙄

Imposter© is copyrighted and all events in "Imposter - <Chapter One>" are originally thought of by the Author; ItsKeke_ herself. Please respect that and please try not to steal any of the events in it.

Also please remember the more votes this Chapter gets, there will be a better chance of getting another Chapter.

Word Count: 888 Words
Published: Thursday, July 27, 2017 5:34 PM PST