Imposter - <Chapter Two>

"You look better." He smiled, showing his pearly whites.

It was a Tuesday afternoon and Bruce had wanted to meet up with me at one of his favorite coffee shops to discuss my next objective. Truly, I hadn't felt better. I felt sick, but I wasn't going to let him know that. Only because it was simply none of his business.

Changing the subject, I clear my throat and proceeded with the conversation. "So, who's my next objective?"

Bruce didn't take any mind of it. He just simply gave a smirk.

"Mr. Jacob Cornelius Waters. Age 36. Was the top of his class in '08 and he's quite the looker, don't you think Lee?" He slid the folder to me as I started to observe it.

His file was indeed quite impressive. From what I saw, he was worth a lot.

Closing the file, I let out a stressful sigh as I met Bruce's blazing hot stare.
"What's my name this time?"

"Shannon Foster. Remember not to-"

Our conversation had been cut short due to Bruce's cellphone going off. He quickly then declined the call. Getting up with a huff.

"Gotta' run beautiful. Business calls."

He turns to leave the table not before whispering something seductively in my ear. "Hope to see you home later."

Quickly and secretly he grabs ahold of my thigh just before dashing out the door.

I knew what he was going to say. He would always say it before starting a new case.

'Remember not to take things too far..Wouldn't want to kill someone for getting a little too touchy on what's mine..'

Truth was, I wasn't his. I wasn't any body's. He would just claim me as his.

Bruce just had an exotic touch to him. Back when I first started out as being an Imposter I hadn't notice his feelings towards me. I mean he would flirt here and there but I'd never would really catch on to his game.

It wasn't until I was two years into the fraud game that Bruce would start to get touchy..I would try to tell Bruce that I wasn't interested with my actions by not getting too close to him or by changing the subject often. That didn't seem to stop him from getting what he wanted.

He later started to force himself onto me, telling me what a beautiful girl I was. How I had a smile that could light up the whole world. He even complimented on my curves. Most of the time I would feel uncomfortable. I would feel as if I was back with my mother and her 'clients'. Only difference was he wouldn't hit me. He would make me feel like the beautiful lady he said I was. He would shower me with his love and buy me gifts.

I hadn't felt the same connection he did. Don't get me wrong, Bruce was quite an attractive man. He was in his early thirties. Around thirty or thirty-one. And he had kept his body fit and his hygiene great. However, I didn't know if it was the fact that I knew what he did for a living that bothered me or because he was eight or nine years older than me that made me question his authority. He was always about business but when the door had shut, he would act as if I wasn't working for him but as if I was his love interest.

As I was getting ready to leave, a man around the height of 5'10" had bumped into me.

"Excuse me." I had said quietly, packing the rest of my stuff.

The man had quickly responded with such class. "Don't be, it was my fault."

Replying with a 'hmph', I turn to exit the small cafe before being lightly grabbed.

"Hey, um you forgot your file..on the um table." He had then nervously handed it me.

"Thank you." Smiling a fake dimpled smile.

"No problem..um?" He seemed to have struggled with his sentence as I filled it in for him.

"Shannon...Shannon Foster." I had extended my hand for him to shake.

"Shawn."

It had been most likely ten seconds of us shaking hands but it felt as if I was shaking his hand for nearly a whole two minutes. I had took this upon myself to take a look at Shawn's features. He was indeed handsome but I didn't need such distractions or 'friends' in my way of this case.

I then retracted my hand from his. He seemed as if he didn't want me to let go. He had awkwardly took his hand and rubbed his neck, continuing the conversation.

"So..um you new to town?"

"Actually..yeah. I just got relocated here from Boston..I'm a lawyer."

The fact that I told him about my job, his eyes practically popped out his head.

"Wow! A lawyer um..that's good."

"Yeah.."

It had then gotten awkward by the second.

"I should go..I have to make it back into the office before my boss notices." I lied. Truly, I was going to go home and take a good nap before having to deal with Bruce's need to touch me.

He quickly snapped out his dreamy daze, shuffling over his words. "Yeah yeah, um I mean, you wo-wouldn't want to get fired."

Chuckling, I ended the conversation before he could start a new one.

"Wait! Um Shannon?"

Ugh, this dude seriously needed to get a life and know when a conversation has ended.

Putting on another fake smile, I turned and politely answered. "Yes?"

"Can I- I mean if you-..." He took a quick breather before blurting out his question. "Can I have your number?"

I blinked. I didn't know what to say. On cases like this, strangers never really asked for my number and since I didn't have a 'fake' phone I had to make up an excuse.

"Shannon?"

"Um sorry Shawn, I really have to go."

With that I dashed, walking back towards my one bedroom apartment.

~

Thanks For Reading!

I really don't have much to say today but..if you guys want me to continue this book, please let me know by voting. It really helps to see that you like it 🤗

!Spoiler Alert!

Next Chapter will be Shawn's P.O.V.

Imposter© is copyrighted and all events in "Imposter - <Chapter Two>" are originally thought of by the Author; ItsKeke_ herself. Please respect that and please try not to steal any of the events in it.

Also please remember the more votes this Chapter gets, there will be a better chance of getting another Chapter.

Word Count: 1112 Words
Published: Friday, July 28, 2017
2:24 PM PST