Chapter 1

Sanika's POV

I wake up to the sound of my alarm going off. "Ugg", I groan not wanting to leave my comfy bed. When I am about to go back to my sleep, the reminder of my meeting starts pinging on my phone. I move out of my bed and rush into the washroom to do my morning business. I brush my teeth take a quick shower and head into my closet. I put on a black leggings and orange kurti which ends just below my calf muscles. I dry out my hair and put on a hair clips to pin up my bangs and let it open to dry out naturally. I put some BB cream on my face and black kohl on my waterline. I quickly finish the look with a natural coloured lip balm.

After I'm done getting ready I enter into the kitchen and I'm welcomed with nice aroma of brewing tea. I wish my mom good morning and she pours tea in the cups for us and prepares dishes with sandwiches for the breakfast. We start eating while making small talks in between. Once I'm finished with breakfast, I walk out bidding goodbye to Mom.

I turn on my scooty and drive away for work. Once I reach at my workplace I park my bike and look up in awe at the architecture of the 11th storey tall building which is also my office. In spite of workout for 3 years over here I can't get enough of its beauty. Every day when I come here I feel like it's my first day at work that excited I'm always.
I reach inside of the building and take up the elevator to 6th floor where my office is located. Once I enter the Lobby I'm greeted with a good morning by Mrs Dixit at the reception . "Good Morning to you too", I reply with a smile.
All the employees at Syntax Corporations enjoy my company. Being a senior manager I'm quite friendly with all the staff. What's the use of you being a leader and guiding all your employees when all you do is just scare the living hell out of them.
Leadership is all about helping your teammates, enjoying in their happiness, to solve differences between each and every employee and to maintain a healthy relationship with your colleagues.

I enter into my office. It is a medium sized room with brown mahogany table, a black leather chair for me and two on the other side. On the left side of the room are the cabinets where all my important flights and documents have been kept. On the right size is a huge see through window where you can enjoy the scenic view while working. On far end of the room is brown coloured couch with a small glass table in front. The wall of the office is painted with beige and the furniture in here is to the contrast of the colour that is brown.

When I sit in my chair I find some files sitting on the table top. I start working. I have to complete the analysed reports by checking it thoroughly and to see if there are any mistakes that has to be taken care of. It has not more than three mistakes in it. I know my employees they never compromise on the given work they do it very carefully and so my work doesn't burden up.
When I'm engrossed into reading the file reports, I hear my phone ringing and immediately receive it after seeing the caller ID.
"Yes", I speak into the phone.
"Get your ass ready I'm coming over in 30 minutes to pick you up for lunch", chirped Riya from the other end.
"Okay Boss", I reply to her.
We hang up. Riya Sen and I have been best friends since 7 years now. We're practically sisters. We both follow the saying 'Sisters before Misters' very seriously.
I continue working knowing it's still an hour for lunch.
At exactly one in the afternoon I see Riya pulling up in the driveway. I get in the passenger seat of her car. We drive away to Prem's our personal favourite diner which is also nearer from our workplace. Once we find a parking spot she parks in and we head into the diner and order our usual spicy paneer wrap in wheat bread and a cappuccino with low sugar. Riya orders the same only Chicken instead of paneer. Being a punjabi she's a hardcore non-vegetarian.
While eating our lunch we have some small talk in between. She even tells me about a party she's going to on the coming weekend and somehow convinces me to join her. 
We finish our lunch quickly and then she drops me off at my office. When I enter into my office I'm greeted by my not so favourite person Mr. Ashutosh Mehra. Mr. Mehra is a technical trainer for my team. I hate him because of his cocky behaviour and his tendency to flirt with all the female population on earth.
"Aha Nice to see you Mr. Mehra", I say sarcastically. You know I can't be rude to people working in this organisation. "Why are you here for?", I ask immediately without giving him time to comment anything. " Miss. Sharma I'm here to invite you for a party that I'm throwing on this coming Sunday. "I'd be glad to attend but I have to take my parents out for dinner as I've promised them. I'm sorry I'll definitely try to come next time", I decline politely. "Now if you're done will you please excuse me I have some work that needs my attention", I dismiss him. As soon as he leaves I continue checking the reports.
I check the time in the clock which his hang up on the wall. It's 5.30 in the evening. I wind up my work and leave the place and head into the parking lot. I start my bike and drive off for home. I reach home in 20 minutes or so thank god to the lesser traffic because it's impossible to reach not less than 30 minutes because of the traffic out at this time.
I enter into the kitchen and see mom already preparing evening snack for me. I love her so much. That's why she's a mother. She keeps care of all my needs and wants. She knows what I like and dislike. She takes care of myself more than she needs to, since the day she got to know about me.
I just can't live without her. She not only looks after me but also my father.
My father owns a business. With the growing age and aged old health issues I don't let him work excessively. I'm the only child to my parents. I have to look after them both now and always.
In our society boys are given more importance than girls. The family is in the cloud nine moment whenever a baby boy is given birth. But whenever a girl is born they all feel low because they're burden to them.
But in my household it totally different. My family especially my parents doesn't treat me less than any boy. They love dearly as anyone could love a boy. They've taught me to be independent. They've taught me to fight back when something wrong is happening. They've taught me be humble and kind. They've also taught me to never let my guard down and to never lose self-esteem. And I've always followed all these throughout my life.
When I enter the kitchen I hug my mom from behind. "Sanika baby your favourite Poha and tea is ready", she says placing a kiss on my hand which is around her neck. "Mommmaa, I love you", I coo like a five year old. Together we have the snack and chatter a lot.

------------------------------------------------
Hello people. This is my first story. I've tried writing this first chapter. Hope you people like it. It may have some errors because english is not my official language. But please no rude comments you can clear it with just a pm to me.
Please hit the star button below, comment and support my story.

~Love Hazel