Chapter 3

(Un-edited)

Sanika's POV
As I entered into my office I had been allotted  with the accounting work by my boss. After sometime I was going through my emails that's when I saw an email by My boss Mr. Singhania. I clicked open on it. There was an invitation for a party that was organised by Khandelwal group of Industries. The email stated that I have to represent my Company Syntax Corporations by attending the party.
I thought, "Yeh Boss mujhe aaj Pakka marva key rahege." Because I'm not at all good at making conversations let alone attend this huge party.
But anyway I can't disobey his command, because he's an amazing boss you could ever have. Mr. Vijay Singhania was like a father figure to me. He had always supported and praised me and my work. He was one of a Kind. At the age of 50 he still had that charm around him that would attract attention from all the people around him. He treated me like his very own daughter. So I sent him a reply saying, "Sir don't worry I'll reach there on time."
At 5.30 in the evening I reached home. Immediately I headed into the shower. It took me 15 minutes to clean myself. I came out of the washroom and started drying myself and that's when I noticed a black coloured high neck marmaid style gown by Zara was on my bed. When I picked it up in hands I found a note under it. It was written, "Dear Miss. Sharma. I'm sorry that I had to inform you about the party on such a short notice. I even thought that you did not have any specific dress to wear, so this  is a small gift from me to my dearest t employee. Good luck Mr. Vijay Singhania.
Omg! He just doesn't fail to surprise me. I didn't need this dress. I would have wore anything from my wardrobe itself. But again I can't disregard his sweet gesture, so I decided to wear it.
After I was done putting on my dress. I started doing my makeup. I applied some Bobby Brown foundation, L. A. Girl concealer, some compact powder. To my eyes I gave a little smokey look. And completed my makeup by applying MAC red lipstick. As for my hair I straightened it and let it fall open on my back. I put on a black beaded bracelet on my wrist and sprayed my favourite CK perfume. I wore red wedges which I brought last year from Jimmy Choo.
I walked out of the house and into the garage to take my baby with me. I got inside of my brown Honda City which I brought 4 months ago. I drove off to the venue. Once I reached I handed the keys to the valet.
I entered into the hall, the first thing I notice was Mr. Mayank Khandelwal. He was in his late twenties. He wore a black tuxedo and his hair was perfectly styled. He was smiling at someone and that someone was none other than Mr. Sanjay Maheshwari. The managing director of Maheshwari and Sons. Then again I glanced over to the devilishly handsome man who was standing just in the middle of the room. His eyes were honey brown coloured and it had a different spark in them. He had a pointed nose oh god and his lips were so inviting that I wanted to grab him and kiss like it's the last day of my life. He had a perfectly sculpted body which made me wanting to roam my hands all over it.
My train of thoughts was interrupted by someone and that's when I came to my senses. I thought, "Sanika ho kya raha hai tujhe? Pehle toh tu kabhi aisi nahi thi! Soch na bhi matt, yeh tere bas ki baat nahi hai. And by the way tu kya karne ayi thi aur kya kar rahi hai." With that I cleared all the images.
I turned around to find Sonia who was standing there  with a questioning look.
"Hey Sonia! What's up?" I asked. Sonia Singh was another of my good friend who worked with Maheshwari and sons and I didn't expect her over here because she was out at Mumbai with her team for some project.
I asked her, "Sonia tu toh Mumbai main thi na aur tu kal anewali thi right?."
"Nahi yaar Sanika vo Sanjay sir ka aaj subah hi call aya tha and unhone kaha ki sab kaam chor kar return aa jao kyuki unki koi party attend karni important hai and so me and my team reached here  today afternoon. I'm so much exhausted you don't even know", she groaned.
"C'mon now let's go and grab some drink which will help in giving you some booze", I suggested.
We reached the bar counter and ordered 2 red wines. As I was sipping on the wine I was also observing around. I looked at how beautifully the chandelier were illuminating with lights, how people over here had come in hope of getting deals signed with other industries,  but the only thing which grabbed my attention was the greek god standing at far end of the room.
As I was walking in his direction I bumped into someone and groaned lightly. "I'm sorry Beta aapko lagi toh nahi. I'm really sorry mera dhyan hi nahi rehta aaj kal", I heard a woman's voice apologising.
"Aunty you don't apologise. It's all my mistake, I could've watched where I'm going. Maybe I'm a bit tipsy with the wine I consumed. I'm sorry aapko kahi lagi toh nahi?" I asked and apologised.
With an affectionate pat on my shoulder she asked, "Beta don't worry kisi ki koi galti nahi hai. Shayad mere kismat main tha tumhare jaisi itni khoobsurat ladki se milna. What's your name girl?"
"Beautiful aur main? Aunty thank you but I'm not even average let alone be beautiful. And btw I'm Sanika Sharma. I'm the manager at Syntax corporations. Nice to meet you". I replied to her.
"Oh beta tum kahi Mr. Subhash Sharma ki beti toh nahi?" Asked aunty.
"Ji haan. I'm Subhash and Reema's daughter." I replied with a smile.
Our conversation was interrupted buy a husky voice which came from behind me. When I turned around I met with a pair of honey brown eyes. At the sight of him my heart started beating fast. I was standing glued to the ground.
"Mom", I heard him approach. Wait what Mom? That's when my mind started working so this lady in here in his mom. I thought, "OMG Sanika kya kar diya tune. Tujhe itna bhi Nahi pata tha ki yeh Mrs. Rashmi Khandelwal Mayank ki mom hai. Bikul pagal hai tu. Bina soche samjhe kuch bhi bole ja rahi thi." After a minute they two left.

Without having any dinner I left. I reached home and immediately ran to my bedroom. I changed into my comfortable pyjamas and a tank top. I removed all the make up and went off to sleep.
Even sleep didn't overpower me. All I could think was him. His voice which made chill run down my spine, his drool worthy smile, his kissable lips and his charismatic aura. All these things were running through my mind all the night.  God this isn't your thing. It's just that you have PMS you're behaving and having these wild imaginations,  plus this shouldn't be on top of your mind, no one will ever marry you or even date you once they get to know what you're suffering from. Now sleep and go on a morning walk so you could refresh your mind. At 3 in the morning I finally slept still thinking about him.

------------------------------------------------
Hello Fellas !
Thanks so much for your votes vaibhavified
How was this chapter so far? Please vote and comment it'll really mean a lot.

~Love Hazel