Chapter Nine

We drive to a lovely estate on the outskirts of town. As we pull into the long driveway I am stunned at the size of the house and yard. The first thing I notice is that there is a fountain in the middle of a circle driveway. The building is magnificent; it is a large two-story mansion. I take a bit to take it all in and am shocked at the building's beauty. It has an open style front to let in lots of natural lighting.

"Is this where we are filming?" I ask looking between James and Travis who are in the front seat.

"Yes, this is it," Travis says looking back at me with a cheeky smile on his face. "The studio thought something like this would be a better environment and facade for the show. The other executives who decide, didn't want it being one of those typical shows that are filmed on a studio lot. They wanted it to have a nicer vibe to it."

"I have to agree; This place is exquisite," I reply with an amazed expression on my face.

"Now, you will put the wig and some makeup on in here before we go in," James tells me as he parks the car in his spot. "Jade you need to help Aphrodite. I also suggest putting on one of your new outfits we brought."

"The windows are tinted. No one will see in here while you get ready," Travis says looking back at Jade and myself.

"Why can't I go in like this?" I ask looking down at myself. I'm wearing a simple soft amethyst t-shirt and a pair of jeans. "I'm not putting makeup on, anyway."

"The staff are inside, and we need to keep who you are among the few of us that absolutely need to know," James explains, ignoring my comment about the makeup, before opening the door and climbing out.

Travis follows suit and they both stand guard several meters away so that no one approaches the car while Jade helps me get ready.

"I know you don't want makeup, but I have to do it. I'll keep it minimal. Don't bother changing the jeans just change into a blouse we got," Jade tells me as she rummages through the bags. I sigh knowing my protests will be ignored so I do what they have told me.

After she has gone through two bags Jade pulls out a lovely cornflower blue blouse with lace shoulders and the wig we brought. I switch the shirts and then sit still while Jade does my makeup. She puts on the bare minimum of mascara, eyeliner and lip gloss before telling me to turn around. I turn around so that my back is to her, and she carefully arranges my hair so she can put the wig on me. Once everything is done and I'm ready, I climb out of the SUV and head towards James and Travis with Jade following behind me.

"What do you think?" I ask as I reach where they are standing. They bother give me a quick once over and give me the nod of approval.

"You look beautiful, Aphrodite, but then again you always do," says James before leaning in and giving me a hug. When he pulls back, he gestures towards the front stairs of the house. "Shall we?"

Nodding I follow behind James as we head towards the house. I feel nervous as we approach, not sure how people will treat me. I nearly trip over my own feet as we get in the house because my head is in the clouds wondering what will happen.

"Careful there, Ella," Travis says as he catches me before I fall.

I glance at him a little confused why he is calling me Ella. I did ask for an alias, but we never discussed what that would be.

"We talked about it while you got ready in the car," Travis tells me, nodding his head in James' direction to show who else he was talking about.

"Okay," I agree with a slight smile as I collect myself after my near fall.

James leads us around the set showing us all the unfamiliar areas, from the editing room to the confession booth and even the dressing rooms. James and Travis introduce me to a lot of the crew members as we walk around. We slowly make our way to the backyard.

My jaw drops when we reach the backyard and I see the vast size. It is large even compared to the size of the house it belongs to, there is a pool near the back door with a small path to the side of it which leads to a gorgeous garden full of all fresh flowers and trees. There is another path that leads around the pool, which I follow while looking around the yard. I'm concentrating so hard on the surrounding beauty I see no one around me until I've already walked into them and fall into the pool.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Author's Note:

Hey Everyone,

 I am so apologetic that it has been so long since I have posted an update. I have been really busy these past couple of weeks, I just haven't had a chance to do any writing until now. I try to write as often as I can but I get pretty busy and may not always be able to update when I want. I hope you like this chapter. I  have decided to do another piece of writing advice this week:

What is the difference between breath and breathe? A breath (which rhymes with death) is the air inhaled or exhaled during breathing. To breathe (rhymes with seethe) means to inhale and expel air from the lungs.

As always if you liked this chapter please Like, comment and share it with your friends.

Author's Note 2:

I have decided to do a double update and have decided that I will try to update each Monday. I hope everyone has like this chapter and as always if you have liked the newest chapter of Aphrodite's Beauty please let me know by voting, commenting and sharing.