Girl Meets Truth

John Quincy Adams Middle School, Auditorium

Maya and I were sitting in the audience watching the school play, "Rome and Juliet". Usually I wouldn't be here since I dislike the story of Romeo and Juliet, but Riley was playing Juliet and to her joy Lucas was playing Romeo.

On the stage Juliet is laying in the coffin playing dead when Romeo walks over to her.

"Eyes, look your last." he recited looking a Riley. " Arms, take your last embrace. And, lips, oh, you the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss." he was about to kiss her when the play was interrupted.

Farkle jumps out from the side of the stage. "Back off!" 

"What meanest thou?" Lucas asked trying not to break character. "Spear carrier... who havest no lines."

"You tried to kiss my woman. This I cannot allow. Prepare to die!" Farkle exclaimed at him.

"Farkle, what are you doing?"Lucas asked finally breaking out of character. "It's "Romeo and Juliet." "

"Well, now it's "Romeo and Juliet and Farkle." " Farkle told him, "I play Farkle."

"Dude, I'm supposed to kiss the girl. Shakespeare said." Lucas told him

"Who thinks the spear carrier should finally get to kiss Juliet?" Farkle asks the audience.

The audience cheers, and Maya gets up bringing attention to herself. "Yeah, you kiss that girl, you crazy spear carrier."

"Hark! You cometh uppeth here and getteth kissed too." Farkle told her.

The audience cheers louder. "Thank you, thank you. You're too kind, seriously." Maya said as she walked up the stage. She lays down next to Riley, "How you doing?"

"I just don't understand how we end up in situations like this." Riley said to Maya.

At the same time as all this was going on, I took out my phone and recorded everything. This was just to funny not to record.