Girl Meets First Date

John Quincy Adam Middle School

I was standing in the hallway texting Maximo when Riley comes over to open her locker. 

"Hey, Sissy." I greet her.

She smiles at me, "Hi, still texting Maximo."

"Yep." I said popping the p. I looked over to see Lucas coming down the stairs, "Guess who's back?" Riley looks at me happily before turning so she could see Lucas who was walking over to us when Dad ran over and carried the two of us over his shoulder into class, where he sat us down on our tables.

"Dad are you out of your mind?!" Riley asks him.

"What she said." I told him.

"Riley, Rose. It's time for the talk." Dad tells us.

My eyes widen, "Have you lost it?"

"In front of the whole class?" Riley asks him.

I looked at her incredulously, "That's what you take from this. The problem is that he wants to give us the talk."

"Yeah," Maya shrugs, "give them the talk let's see what you know."

Dad looks around the room before opening his mouth, "Okay. When a daughter-"

Riely and I raise our hand out, "Stop."

"Excuse me." Dad says running over to the back door and closing it before Lucas could open it. "Not today Chachi."

Lucas pushes the door open with Dad behind it, "Sir, you've known me all year. You like me, admit it."

Dad shakes his head, "I don't wanna."

"I'm one of the good kids." Lucas tells him, "What are you so afraid of?"

"Okay." Dad says walking up to the front and erasing Belgium off the chalkboard.

Farkle stands up with a Belgium shirt and flag, "No!"

"Okay, guys." Dad starts. "It's the seventh-grade spring fever, which leads to dating, which leads to movies, which leads to popcorn, which leads to putting your hands together in the dark touching popcorn, which leads to holding hands, which leads to that!" he points at Yogi and Darby, "Oh, I am not ready for this," Dad picks up Yogi and separates him from Darby. "Come with me. Come Here. Come on, no, come one. Come with me." He looks over at Riley and I, "Rose, Riley, I am begging you stay in Neverland, okay? No growing up." Dad places Yogi on his desk. Farkle raises his hand, "What do you want?" Dad asks him.