The Rose

After a long day of running errands with her daughter, Mallory, Grace finally arrived home with a couple of brown grocery bags. She had picked up some more vodka for the never-ending martinis she devoured. Coming through the front door, her eyes gazed upon a lonesome red rose, just lying on the dining room table. Her thin brows furrowed, Grace becoming very curious as to where the little flower had come from. She picked it up, and read the tiny note that said,
"To: Grace Hanson.
Here is a gift that only holds a fraction of the beauty that you do." Along side the rose was a slender, black box. As she opened it, her jaw dropped, and her eyes widened. It was a necklace. A silver one with a small sapphire hanging from its lustrous chain. This certainly wasn't something Grace was used to. She hadn't had a real gift since Robert gave her one of the pieces of jewelry that he had stashed away in the pile. He'd give her one when she was sad, when they had a fight, and they meant everything to her. All until she realized that he didn't individually by a single one, but kept them in a drawer, ready for any occasion. It wasn't sincere at all. But this, this was incredibly sweet. She slowly slipped on the necklace and gazed into the mirror, her jaw still hanging agape as she brightly smiled. The sapphire matched her eyes, which was the main reason that her 'secret admirer' had bought it for her. Grace pictured the individual to be a tall, broad male, perhaps one she had recently come into contact with, and perhaps flirted with. Little did she know, the person who bought the little gem was living in the same house with her.
After some time, Grace was mixing up a martini, preparing to settle down in a nice, relaxing bath, when Frankie came through the door. It was hard for Frankie to keep a straight face, knowing that Grace had already found the little gift that she left for her.
"Frankie! Look at this!" She quickly walked over, Frankie reaching forward to tenderly rub her fingertips along the sapphire.
"Isn't it beautiful? I found it earlier, right, right there, on the table!"
Frankie could only giggle, slowly nodding as she crossed her arms over her chest. Her cheeks turned a deep pink color, and it was hard for her to make eye-contact.
"I know. I left it there."
Grace's smile was still insanely wide, but she soon realized what Frankie had just said.
"I — huh? What?" She was certainly confused, her smile fading into more of a confused expression.
"Yes... I bought you this. I left you the rose, the note. And before you ask, yes. I happen to think you're very, very beautiful." Frankie was starting to become very open with her feelings, and it left Grace in utter shock. But before she had the time to really think about replying, she wrapped her long arms around Frankie, hugging her very tightly against her slim physique.
"...Thank you. Wow. I still don't know how to react, Frankie."
"Don't say anything at all." Frankie ran her fingers through Grace's golden locks, smiling sweetly.
"Just know that you'll always be beautiful to me. Always have been, always will be."