The Fire

Aria sat on the couch in Late Nighters. She hadn't been here in a while since she had been avoiding Eli then she found out the truth. Speaking of, he never called back that night, well, he left a vague text.
"Steven issues."

She was a little annoyed since this man exposed himself and wanted her to himself but yet wouldn't answer her. So here she was, trying to blend in as usual with her iced coffee and a book which she just couldn't get into, everytime she tried; her head began to get fuzzy and stopped her.

Steven entered Eli's bedroom to find him lying on his bed, staring up at the ceiling.

"Did you change the locks?" asked Steven, raising an eyebrow.

Eli had lied to Aria when he said there were 'Steven issues', there wasn't. Someone tried to break in to his home that night when he was supposed to call Aria and Eli killed him. So he spent most of his time disposing of that.
"I did," deadpanned Eli, still staring, "Is there anything about the guy?"

"A few missing posters but he doesn't seem to have family here," said Steven, sitting on the bed, "Some people were talking today and he said he had a rough life so he might have just committed,"

"Okay, just keep me updated with that. I mean, it's not exactly a good thing. New guy moves to town, people start dying," said Eli, sitting up.

Steven nodded, "I'm sorry it ruined your weekend,"

Steven had noticed that Eli seemed somewhat angered all week and distracted.
"Why?" asked Eli, glancing at his friend, "I'm kind of relieved it took me away from Aria, I know she has questions. Particularly about turning and mating,"
Steven nodded.
"Steven, why did you never want turned?" asked Eli, turning on the bed to face him, "I mean, you're hitting your fifties,"
Steven shrugged, "I saw that you were bored when we first met and I first learned and I didn't want to end up like that. Stuck at one age, bored forever, constantly moving. And...A part of me hoped I'd find a woman who I could grow old with,"
"You're growing old alone," said Eli, "The offer is always there for you, nothing would change except you. Plus, if you then meet someone, you can turn her! Win-Win,"

Steven chuckled as he stood up, "See you later, man,"
Eli waved as Steven left the room before going back to staring into space. He needed to get his stuff together. It felt good to tell Aria everything but since he had done that, he just felt angry with himself, most likely because a part of him believes that Aria is confused about it all, why wouldn't she be? She would just have to become accustomed to how he lived.

Aria sat still on the couch as she gently sipped her coffee through her straw until there was nothing left. Then she put her empty cup down and stood up. She might as well as just go home since she had nothing else to do.

She headed for the door. Without looking, she yanked the door open, stepped out and turned right. Straight into someone's chest.

"Oh, sorry," exclaimed Eli, as Aria quickly pushed herself off of him.

"Uh, no, it was me who ran into you," said Aria, looking down at the ground.
Eli took her hand and gently kissed the top of her head, "I'm sorry. I'm glad you're here though, I missed you,"

"Thanks," said Aria, sliding her hand back as she looked up to him.

"Do you wanna grab dinner or something?" he asked, looking at her retracting hand.

"I would need to get changed and shower," said Aria, looking down at her jeans which had a coffee stain on them from earlier.
"It doesn't have to be like something big. I can grab us Chinese if you want?" asked Eli, nodding down the road to Wu's Takeaway.
Aria sighed, You know the way to mine, get me whatever and I'll see you at home, do you want money?"
"Of course not," said Eli, placing his finger under her chin and lifting her head before gently kissing her lips. They tasted of bubblegum and coffee.