table three // jj + bc

Imagine: Betty begins work at Pop's to avoid her home life, and she worries about admitting her new job to Jughead

Word Count: 1803

Even with her focus on the Blue and Gold, her relationship with Jughead, and the rest of her friends, Betty Cooper's life was still overwhelmed by the drama that was her broken, corrupt family. After her mother let Hal back into the family home, Alice reverted back to the uptight, judging Mrs. Cooper down the street and began faking the family's so-called "perfection" all over again.

The four claw marks on each of Betty's palms were becoming deeper, redder, and bloodier. Even Jughead wasn't enough of a distraction for Betty anymore. She needed something that consumed the rest of her time; she needed to avoid the dreaded nightmare that was her home life.

The bright, neon lights of Riverdale's infamous diner glowed into the foggy, somber Monday night as a determined Betty Cooper walked up to the scene, hoping to remove the clouds that covered her happiness.

"Hey, Pop Tate!" She smiled, waving at the man behind the classic counter.

"Ah, Betty! Nice to see you tonight," Pop greeted, then looked past her shoulder, "where's your crew?"

"Uh, actually, it's just me tonight," Betty flashed an awkward smile, scratching at the small pink bag at her side.

He nodded at the young woman on the other side of the counter, "Well, would you still enjoy your usual order? A milkshake, hm?" Pop offered, pulling his notepad and pen out of his apron pocket.

She approached the counter slowly, checking behind each shoulder making sure that no one from her school or family happened to be at her favorite restaurant.

"No thank you, I'm actually not here to eat, or drink."

"Oh?"

"Pop Tate, I saw your flyer outside on the windows. You're looking for a new worker and I'm looking for a job. I'm a hard worker and I'm all yours outside of school hours. What do you say?" Betty suggested, giving Tate a nervous, toothy grin.

When he began to shake his head, she dug her fingernails into the tender skin on her palms. He had no idea how much she needed this opportunity.

"Please, Pop. You know me," her voice sounded borderline desperate, but Betty didn't care to think about anything else but getting the job opening.

"Alright, Betty. I'll give you this week as a trial and Sunday I will decide if I will keep you as a part time regular. You start tomorrow afternoon at four. If you come this way to the employees' room I have the paperwork, schedules, and uniforms."

"Thank you so much, Pop Tate. I swear, you'll be glad you gave me a chance." Betty smiled rather cockily, earning a smile back from her new boss.

After she finished signing loads of paperwork and collecting her new uniform, a call from Jughead began to ring in Betty's pocket. A soft smile grew on Betty's face and a rosy tiny appeared on her cheeks as she answered her boyfriend's call.