Prolouge

So this is my second fanfiction. I hope you all love it and thank you so much for reading!

{I do not own Naruto, Kishimoto does. I only own the wonderful OC}

...

I was thirteen when I had found out.

I remember the sun was shining on that very day, its rays secretly entering the corners of my bedroom. It was Summer, my most favourite time of year; the only season that provided warm weather in the Land of Iron. I had woken up surprisingly early and decided to remain in bed, watching and listening as the blue sky and the quiet atmosphere of the house began to slowly change.

My mother had woken up a moment later, walking past my room and into the bathroom. I heard her every footstep against the dark wood of our upstairs passage. I heard the soft click of the bathroom's lock, the flush of the toilet and the gushing water from the taps. Once my mother had left the bathroom and walked downstairs, the sound of pans accidentally clashing against each other, erupted in the air. 

Unfortunately, my mother was a terrible cook and so she only cooked on Sundays, and breakfast was almost always porridge. I remember smiling and sighing with relief as it was once again, a typical Sunday morning.

A month before that day, both my parents had left on a journey for work, leaving me and my brother, who was nine at the time, with our "lovely" aunt. I hated it a lot. They had returned two days earlier, and things were  starting to get back to normal, which meant listening to my father's speech about the perks of jogging and his complaints about my lack of exercise every morning. It wasn't something I was fond of, but it beat spending a morning with my aunt. 

Feeling content, I snuggled into my pillow and duvet once more, having decided to waste my whole morning in peaceful slumber, but my mother had made sure to intervene. "Hachi, I know you're up" my mother had said, knocking on my door.

"A few more minutes" I pleaded.

"No, darling, I need to talk to you" denied my mother, before knocking once more and then walking down the stairs again. It was pure torture.

I pulled my warm blanket away from my body and separated myself from my cosy fortress. I slouched my way into the bathroom and began with the usual habit of frowning  in front of the sink as I stared at my reflection in the mirror.

My usually straight and tidy hair was curled and knotted, even more so than usual. I had tried to untangle the dark brown strands with my fingers, but it was useless. I gave up and instead, I frowned deeper at how the colour of my hair matched with my eyes. I looked plain, simply ordinary. I was never one to care about looks, but my reflection every morning always left me feeling down about myself.

And so, I had raked my hair back into a high ponytail, hoping it would make me look more human than animal; fortunately, it worked. I brushed my teeth, then washed my face, gasping as the cold water made contact with my fair skin.

"Hachi! Hurry, we're waiting" my mother had suddenly shouted from downstairs, informing me that my father had returned from his regular jogging session. Since they had been gone for so long, I had been certain that my brother had joined him. 

I quickly returned to my room, grabbing my blanket and wrapping it around me as I walked swiftly down the stairs and headed into our red and orange kitchen.

"You took your time. I need the shower!" my brother whined, confirming my judgement, before pushing me out the way and heading up the stairs.

"I can tell" I retorted. My father had been in the kitchen, leaning his sweaty back against the counter with a very stern look on his face. "Hachi, I want you to sit" he commanded.