Chapter 2

Courtney takes out her phone from her purse and looks down to see if it was Bridget calling, but it wasn't, instead it was a random number she hasn't seen before. "Hold on Scotty let me take this," She stands with her phone in her hand and answered. "Hello?" her eyes slowly widen hearing the voice of someone she thought she'd never hear again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duncan sighed softly into the phone and rubbed the back of his neck as he leans on the wall, "Err Courtney? I was wondering if uh.... you'd be my lawyer for the next case I'm having.....I'll have to explain the details later just tell me you can help me?"

A slight smile came across his face as he nodded, Dj smiled, thinking everything was going to work out. The call ended and he smashed the phone against the wall, completely destroying it. "Duncan? What's wrong? Did she accept being you're lawyer?"

Dj pulled up a chair to the front of his cell and sits, petting his bunny gently while Duncan was sitting down on the bed with his hands on his face. "She did.....but she's.....she's..... never mind" He felt this emptiness in his chest, it was something he hadn't felt in a long time.

"Dj, tell me something, have you kept in contact with her?" He nods and sighs "Duncan are you sure nothing's bothering you? I mean you did rip an entire police phone out of the wall." Duncan nods "yeah..... I'm perfectly fine...." Duncan was feeling something in the pit of his stomach and it was usually something he wasn't feeling too good about, his gut feeling if you will.

"Also, could you buy some flowers and-" Dj cuts him off
"Yeah dude you know you can count on me on buying you that and can you tell me what flowers she likes?"
"Lilies ... she likes Lilies ..and thank you man I really appreciate it" DJ smiled
"Don't worry about it man you know I'd do it for you" he stands and puts the chair back.
"Bye Duncan I'll see you when I'm done with my shift" Dj left with that and Duncan threw himself back on the poorly done bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Courtney who was it?" Scott says sitting up and looks at her as she sighs a little and holds the phone tightly
"I just got another client who got into some deep stuff and now I'm their lawyer but its nothing to worry about hopefully I win" she smiled a bit and he nods.

"Do you now what they did?"

"Well not yet, the person were going to tell me the details later when I get to my office tomorrow at 6 am" she sits down next to him as she tried to relax.

'Why me?...why now? Just why?' she thought to herself until Scott broke her from her trance
"You alright? do you just want to go to bed?" "Yeah...but would you please wear a different shirt? The other.... doesn't smell so nice" Courtney tried being as polite as possible but he got upset and left the room slamming the door shut
"So much for being polite..." she goes to take a warm bath and drinks some wine as she thought and thought of a reason came back.

"Was it to hunt me? Spite me?..... I'm sure he's happy with Gwen since she was better than me I suppose..." Courtney got reminded of world tour and she slaps herself "That was a long time ago Courtney remember you're with Scott now....happy and getting married do NOT forget that" saying to herself softly as she had her eyes close and her hands on her cheeks.

Standing and wrapping the towel around her she leaves the bathroom and goes to her room and got ready for bed with her silky pj's. "I wonder if he's still mad at me...." She went to check on him sure enough he was sleeping on the couch, in an attempt to be petty. "Its fine you can keep yourself warm Courtney"
Walking back to the room she laid down and covered herself with the blankets and smiled a bit as she immediately got warm.

Courtney started having weird/bad dreams and she woke up sweating and looks at the times it was 5 am and she sighed. "works calling me....." Getting dressed she calls for Scott but no answer she sighed "guess he's leaving again... all I said was to wear something else for a change" An hour later she left the apartment while she made her breakfast on the go.

"I didn't even get to eat breakfast... now I'm going to be late for work what could possibly go wrong?" she grumbled and it started to rain "Great..." she drove to work but she didn't bring an umbrella so she ran to the building having her suitcase over her head and she almost slipped on the wet concrete because of her heels but someone caught her

"oh thank you-" her eyes slowly widen as she wasn't prepared for the encounter that she won't regret down the road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you to everyone who is enjoying the story so far means a lot to me and H! Also, if there's anything you might want us to add or just give us feedback on how we're doing so far.

-J (loveanime2002)

Word count: 900