2. Necklace

"You're our mate."

I glance between my two students, seeing that they both were talking to me, and they were both twins.

"...What?" I hear myself say, as I start walking around my desk. So that there was some safe distance between the three of us.

"You're our mate. I think we were clear enough. Right?" One of the twins glanced towards the other, and he nodded.

"Right." He agreed, making me squirm from their stares.

I come to a new school to teach students about history, and I barely know the names of all my students. So when I have a pair of twins come and tell me that I am their mate...how am I supposed to react to that? All I can say is...

"...What...?" The twins smirked, both maneuvering to each side, separating. Only getting me caged between the two of them." This is not appropriate, I am your teacher-."

"So? We can't help that you're our mate." When I felt one of their hands play with my necklace around my neck I tried pushing him away, resulting me landing into the other one.

"There is no proof that I am your mate or that you are mine. Why are you pushing this on me? I am a new teacher here that wants to start a fresh slate and then you two appear and I don't even know your names." At the same time they pointed to one another. The left one speaking first.

"Reed."

"Sawyer."

I start to remember two students this morning that were acting all shy with their names. But I was to tired to pay attention.

"And what do you mean you want to start a 'clean slate'?"

I find myself gulping, shaking my head quickly.

"That is none of your concern. You both are overstepping your boundaries as students. If anyone was to walk in here and see the three of us right now, I could possibly lose my job or worse."

The twins start laughing, making me fall silent as I take this chance to pack up my stuff some more. By the time I'm reaching for my bag Reed grabs it, throwing it over his shoulder.

He starts clicking his tongue, resulting in Sawyer to follow along.

"Our father is the principal of this school. You won't be going anywhere."

"Not if we can help it."

These two twins are blocking any way for me to escape from around them. All I could or can do is hop over this desk. But I doubt I'll make it across without my foot getting caught on something.

Or I can crawl under one of their legs - no that'll make it worse.

But I can't hide the fact that being between these two are making me dizzy. And that is exactly why I need to get away from them.

Because if they possibly are my "mates" then I am meeting them way to early.

I've heard about this recently, how people are meeting their mates earlier than usual. Meeting their mate that's thirteen and the other person is twenty. Resulting in the thirteen year old having to be moved away.

I heard it can break a persons heart, and I don't want that.

"Don't try to fight it. If we both can feel it, then you must feel it as well."