24. ❄️ ICE QUEEN ❄️

"You look..." I have my arms folded as I go down the stairs." You look just...wow."

I run my hand along the cold sleek banister, inhaling.

"Thank you Niko. You look nice as well." I smile, looking up to see Alex gawking at me as well.

"I thought I looked nice..." I heard him mumble and I smile again, his arm wrapping around mine.

I don't want to go to the prom. I haven't spoken to the twins since and I feel...different without them.

Niko is nice and all...but something's off. I don't feel whole or happy like I usually do. Everything I do feels too...forced...

We leave my house, walking into his Mayback Mercedes, opening the passenger side for me. I get in, sitting down as I become uncomfortable.

I miss the twins back rides.

Niko gets in the drivers side, smirking as it turns on once he buckles up. He looks for my reaction, but I'm too late before I smile.

"Is it the twins?"

"Hell no! I'm just afraid about what the students will think."

Looks like he bought it because he kissed my cheek.

"Trust me. They won't know what hit them."

🌬~~~~~~~~❄️
Reed

"After all the suffering we have gone through for the past three days this bullshit right here better be worth it." I sneer, looking at Sawyer as we count the ballots for the Ice Queen.

"It will be. Stop cussing." He pinches my arm making me pinch him back.

"Hey guys," we look, seeing Roland plop down onto the beanbag, blushing," I want your advice on something."

"What is that?" Sawyer asks, smiling as he passed some ballots for Roland to count.

"Christopher asked me to the prom... The one that's been bullying me..." I raised my eyebrows, seeing more and more ballots piling up for Clo.

"What'd you say?" I ask, Roland rocking side to side in the seat, blushing even more.

"I said yes."

I jumped when Sawyer started squealing, running to Roland and picking him up. Spinning him around, both of them giggling like fools.

"Why would you do that?" I ask, both of them freezing, Sawyer glaring at me to shut up.

"Be - because. He's been really nice to me and...and whenever he smiles at me I get all fuzzy feely inside..." Roland explained, and I shrugged.

"I don't know why. Just because someone is being nice to you for a few days doesn't mean they've changed. How gullible can you be?"

Roland frowned, folding his arms as he looked off.

"People can change. And I think he's changed. Ms. Peyton made me more confident in myself and being around you guys made me more confident. And you said we were friends, so as my friend, please accept this."

"I didn't say I wouldn't accept it. It's just once a bully, always a bully. Be careful." I tell him and he nods, grinning from ear to ear.

"Thank you. At least you guys care." I put my fist up and he fist pumps it, and I go back to counting." Anyway, you guys need help?"

"Yeah. The prom is in about ten minutes and we have about a hundred more ballots left to glance over. So far the winner is..." Sawyer glances at the board with the little dots we have for the numbers of ballots.