3: Carnival outtakes with no creativity

Camilla POV

I wake up in time for the sun to slowly rise over the horizon. I yawn and stretch before shaking off any loose feathers. I then grab one of the red roses on the vine outside of my comfy tree home and paint my talons as well as my cheeks and eyelids with its rich colors. I started doing this soon after Tulio and Linda set us all free in the bird park. I don't remember how I came to think of this but it looked nice so I kept doing it. As I see the sun rising higher up on the sky I smile and close my eyes, manifesting for this day to be good, or even great. Then I look out over the forest beneath me and take flight. I pass Blu's and Jewels home before I fly above the trees, heading for Luís' garage.

As I get there, I see that the door is open and the guys are all sitting at their jury table, halfway asleep.
-Good morning chicos, I say as I land on the cool floor. Nico smiles a bit at me through his tired gaze as Pedro yawns loudly.
-Morning Y/N, Pedro says.
-How come you're so high energy already? Raffi asks as he stretches out his wings.
-It's normal for me at this point, I say and address the earlier years of the same procedure. Raffi shrugs in agreement as I sit down next to Nico. He smiles and closes his eyes and leans on me. He then looks up at me, making him look upside down.
-Good morning Amarillo, I say.
-Good morning beautiful, he says. I smile and we share a small peck.
-I'm so tireeeed... Nico whines and I giggle.
-You're always tired Amarillo, I say.
-I know but I'm extra tired today, he says and angrily closes his eyes and pouts. I giggle softly and he almost falls asleep, but opens an eye to look up at me again. I grin at him.
-You're weird, I comment. He closes his eye again.
-Thank you, he says nonchalantly.

-We'll we got some time before auditions start so we have rime for a little nap, Raffi says.
-Aw yeah! Nap time! Pedro says before falling asleep on the jury table. Nico had already started snoring, leaning on my wing. I softly nudge him and put my wing around him and he cuddles into it. He's too cute. Maybe I should take a nap too, just to rest... nah I'll be fine, I've done those three times already.

Oh boy I should've taken that nap...
Birds of all sizes and colors auditioned. Dancing, singing, doing god knows what. I stretch my eyes open to try to keep them from closing but to no avail and sigh in relief as Nico sends them out. He stretches.
-Ay Dios mío, where did all the talent go? I ask.
-I have no idea but we can't do any repeats, Pedro says.
-At this point I honestly do not care, Raffi groans and I muster up my best smile as I hear the next bird flying in.
After their audition I just sighed and thought about everything they were doing wrong that I could just pick apart and help them with. Birds that can use their chests for a stronger chirp, large birds that can use some footwork in their dances, Blu who could've avoided Luís' drool on the floor.... Wait-
-Blu!? Pedro, Nico and Raffi asks at the same time.
-Nice to see you too Luís! Blu says as he seats the dog drool off of his wings. As good as he was at flying now, he was still as clumsy as ever.
-I'm sorry Blu, but if you're here to audition we're looking for someone with a little bit more of ehhhh... Pedro trails of.
-Talent? I ask tiredly.
-What? Oh! Oh no no no I-I'm not here for the auditions, Blu clarifies.
-No? And why not? I ask sarcastically, Raffi hits me on the wing and I wince and let out a small noise of discomfort.
-Why are you here Blu? Raffi asks.
-We're flying to the Amazon! Yaaaaayyyu, Blu trails off sarcastically. Me and the boys just look at each other.

-Wait they've found blue macaws in the amazon? I ask.
-Apparently... I'm actually thinking about not going, Blu says.
-Well if you're not, I will, I say.
-No Camilla, it's dangerous, Nico warns.
-And what has gotten in your cabeza? Why would it be dangerous? I ask.
-There's a bunch of snakes that can swallow you whole, you know! Pedro says dramatically. I just raise an eyebrow at him.
-Ok I'm definitely not going, Blu shakes his head frantically.
-Guys that's enough, alright listen Blu what he's telling you is all lies. Think of this as an opportunity for you to see the world, explore a bit, Raffi says.
-Uh huh... Blu says, not exactly getting the point. Raffie sighs.
-Listen Blu, if there's one thing I've learned since I got married, it's happy wife, happy life. Apparently this trips means a lot to Jewel and it would make her ecstatic to go. Do it for her, Raffi says.
-O-ok... happy wife, happy life... Blu says.
-Yeah, happy wife happy life! Pedro teases Nico who seats his wings at Pedro. I roll my eyes but grin playfully.
-Blu it can't get much worse than the kids just nagging your head off about arriving to the Amazon, I say.
-Hmmm. You should come with us, Blu says.
-I can't, I gotta help the guys with the carnival, I shake my head and give an apologetic smile.
-Alright... well, I hope I'll see you when we get back, Blu says. I nod.
-Happy wife, happy life, I say. Blu nods in agreement and flies off.

-Why would you say no? Nico asks as we fly to go get us some energy in form of food for us before we start the auditions again.
-I already told you, I gotta help you crazy chicos out. You can't do this without me and you know it, I say, tired of explaining myself every 5 minutes.
-Well what if there's someone you know there? Your family? Nico asks.
I get memories flooding to my mind. Smoke filling my lungs as I try to escape out from the top of the trees but getting caught in a net and thrown into a cage.
-Impossible, I say.
-Maybe. But what if... Nico tries to enthusiastically drag me into this as we land onto a fruit cart, heading towards the market place. I look at him.
-What about you? And Pedro and Raffi? What's gonna happen to carnival? What happens if I don't come back? I ask.
-We'll just have to come with you. Besides the talent here has run out, maybe we'll have better luck in the Amazon, Nico shrugs. I snicker.
-You're a funny little bird Amarillo, you know that? I ask.
-Only for you mi amor, he says flirtatiously and I laugh.

We get back to the garage, fruit in hand and as we drop it onto our judging table I announce:
-Guess who's going to the Amazon?