4; Heading for the amazon

Camilla POV
I don't know why, but I was shaking a bit when I thought about the Amazon. The weird thoughts I got whenever I thought about it were... almost familiar. Either way, I make my way towards the family home where the rest of my family lives.
-Hola Jewel! I say as I arrive on their balcony.
-Camilla! Your coming with us? Jewel asks astonished.
-Of course! I trust Linda and Tulio enough to believe that they've found other macaws. Besides, I wouldn't want to miss a trip of a lifetime with my sister, her husband and- I get interrupted by a small choir of my name being shouted.
-Camilla! My nieces tackle me to the ground.
-And my wonderful nieces... I breathe out and lay flat to the ground.
-Hey guys! Raffi arrives.
-What are you doing here? Jewel asks.
-Well you know, It's time I get some time away from the wife and kids, Raffi excuses.
-And her voice, I whisper, my nieces snickering and they roll off of me and I get up.
-Guys wait up! I hear and turn around to see Nico and Pedro coming too.
-Hey guys, I say and grin, knowing they're late.
-You're late, Raffi predictably scolds.
-Yeah we're clock late, Pedro says.
-But fashionably on time, Nico says and sends me a smirk. I roll my eyes at him.
-Are we ready to go guys? Jewel asks.
-Yeah! Bia shouts.
-Alright you heard her! Let's go! I say and take off, the others following soon after. Although Blu was so stressed he didn't catch up until half an hour in.

A day in and we're taking a break. I'm standing by a beach and looking out at the people enjoying the heat. I sigh heavily as those weird thoughts come hurdling back into my head.
-Hey! Blu seems extremely stressed about this trip, right? Nico joins me and laughs. I don't give a witty answer like I would do... And I don't know why.
-What? Camilla? Are you alright? Nico asks concerned.
-Ehm... I don't know yellow, I just answer.
-What? Nico asks confused.
-I... I sigh.
-I feel stressed too... somehow. Nervous, kinda, I say.
-Nervous? But you're never nervous? Nico says confused.
-Well the more you know, I smile slightly.
-What's there to be nervous about? Nico asks.
-I get these weird... thoughts. They're almost like memories. And I'm scared that if I put my expectations too high then... I'll get disappointed, I look at him. He smiles up at me.
-I'm telling you right now that there's nothing to be nervous about. Because even if there's no macaws there, you'll still have all of us, Nico says and points to the rest of the company doing god knows what.
-Yeah. I guess you're right, I say.
-Of course I am. Now come on beautiful, don't want to keep the fans waiting, he says. I smile and we join the others to continues our trip.

One more day and probably the last travel day before we would be immersed in the Amazon. We're sitting on the rooftop of a boat, watching the sunset. Nico comes and sits next to me on the ledge of the roof.
-You feeling any better? He asks.
-Yeah. Still nervous but a bit better, I say.
-Good. By the way, I never got to tell you how much I like you, he says.
-What? When? I say.
-Ever, he says and I laugh.
-Of course you have you crazy bird, I say confused.
-Good, just wanted to make sure, he grins.
-Are you feeling ok? I'm starting to worry, I laugh at his strange behavior.
-Never better, he smiles at me. I look out at the sunset.
-It's so beautiful here, I say.
-Not as beautiful as you, Nico says and I scoff.
-Really? Out of all the pick up lines you had to choose from, you chose that one? I ask slightly annoyed but with laughter still in my voice.
-Well of course, I had to, Nico says.
-You're acting so strange, I say.
-Who's strange? Pedro joins us.
-Nico! I laugh.
-What? What did he say? Pedro asks.
-He keeps on telling me how beautiful I am. It feels like he's leading up to something, I says.
-Well maybe he is, I don't know, Pedro shrugs, making me laugh a bit harder.
-I am allowed to call my girlfriend beautiful however and whenever I want, Nico jokingly pouts.
-Of course you are, Pedro mockingly pets Nico's head.

-Just a few hours left Camilla. You ready? Pedro asks.
-Well I don't think I can be more ready, I say.
-That's good to hear, Pedro says.
-So you came... Because of the talent? Or because of me? I ask.
-Both. I mean we need talent but we also need you. You're our best friend man, we can't find talent without talent, Pedro says.
-Aw shucks Pedro, I say and nudge him slightly.
-Now don't get me wrong, we got talent too, Pedro says.
-Mhmm, I tease.
-Hey we do! Nico says.
-Yeah yeah, I get it, I say.
-Now c'mon, what are our expectations on untouched talent? I ask, making Nico and Pedro do a whole presentation.

Later that night:

After we went to bed we all woke up by a startling horn. I wake up, feeling my cheeks and finding them absolutely drenched. Weird... I don't remember crying. I look to where Blu scolds Diago for screaming as loud as the horns.
-Hey guys, you ok? I ask them.
-Yeah we're ok. Are you? Jewel asks.
-Yeah, yeah. I woke up with wet cheeks but... I don't know why. Maybe I dreamt something bad, I don't know, I shrug.
-You sure? Nico joins us.
-Not really. But I can't remember anything, I say. Smoke. Yelling. Dad.
-Ok guys, we better head off for bed again so we can wake up bright and early, Jewel says and nudges all the kids to their sleeping spots.
-Hey we wanna stay with aunt Camilla! Diago says.
-Yeah! Bia and Carla agrees.
-We'll fight off her bad dreams, Diago says.
-Aw guys, you're too sweet, te amo, I say and put my wings to my chest.
-Hey, are you completely sure you're ok? Nico asks and pulls me slightly to the side as my sister and her husband argue with their kids.
-I don't know, I feel fine, I say although a weird feeling in my stomach says otherwise.
-Alright. But I'm here for you ok? We both are, Nico says and nudges Pedro.
-Yeah! We stick together! Pedro says.
-Like birds of a feather, I smile. Nico puts his beak on mine and whispers.
-Te amo, he says. I smile as we pull away.
-Alright kids, go sleep with aunty, Jewel says with a slight grin on her face.
-Come here kids, let's go back to sleep, I say and we get cozy. I smile at Nico as the kids fall asleep one by one and jokingly send him a blow kiss. He pretends to swoon and laughs as he and Pedro return to their sleeping spots and I am softly rocked to sleep by my sweet nieces.

————————————————————————
Y'all it's been almost a year! But here's an update and proof of my existence and interest in this book. Anyways, hope y'all enjoy and let's hope I remember to update more from now on!