Draco's Snake... Oh, god! Not like that!

Parsel Tongue and letters will be in italics.
Takes place in the supposed 8th year

"This stupid, bloody snake!" Draco screeched, holding it up in front of his face.

Pansy sighed, looking up from her book, "What's wrong, Malfoy?"

"It keeps hissing! It will not stop! Its like it wants to say something!"

"Would you stop shouting? You're getting odd looks."

Draco put the snake down. It curled its green tail around Draco's wrist and hissed. It looked Draco straight in the eyes and kept hissing. Draco groaned and sunk deeper into the common room couch.

"It just doesn't stop!" Draco whisper yelled, "I haven't slept ever since I got back to Hogwarts...

"Come to think of it, this only started after I got back."

"That's strange," Pansy drawled, not looking up from her book.

"What if something at Hogwarts is bothering it?" Draco pondered.

"Ask Potter."

"What? Why would I ask him, the bloody git."

"He speaks to snakes."

"Oh. Right."

_

After returning to his rooms and carefully setting his snake down, Draco composed a very, very short letter to Harry. It read,

Potter,

I need your help.

-Draco

Draco contemplated if putting his first name was too much. "He always calls me Malfoy... Maybe I shouldn't put down my first name..." Draco kept over thinking and decided to rewrite the letter, using Malfoy instead.

Draco put the first copy of the letter in the junk drawer of his mahogany desk.

Draco went up to the owlery to find a more inconspicuous owl than his that resembled an eagle.

Walking through the winding staircases out of the dungeons, Draco's mind wandered to what his snake could be saying. "It could be warning me of peril soon to come... How would a snake know that? Or it wants to bring back The Dark Lord..." Draco continued to walk, trying to escape the scary thought of the Dark Lord returning, again. The moonlight through the stained glass windows shown on his face, illuminating his pale features in shades of red and green.

Draco heard a soft sigh from in front of him. He stiffened and pulled out his wand from his back pocket.

"Who's there?" Draco asked, trying to keep his composure.

Nobody answered.

Draco tried again, "Who's there? I heard you. Come out of your hiding spot."

Nobody answered.

Draco sighed and put his wand back. He was undoubtedly tense after the war and his anxiety was through the roof.

Draco continued on his way to the owlery, thinking about the strange noise. "Must've been the wind against the windows," Draco thought, logically.

The blond aristocrat arrived at the owlery and picked out a suitable owl. A brown one, with big yellow eyes that resembled pools of gold.

Draco tied the short note to the the owls leg and told it to deliver it to Harry Potter in the morning at breakfast.